- Grottoes and caves
The Cave of Comblain is sure to wow families with its fascinating shapes and colours. This protected natural site also is home to several types of bats... Don't miss the fantastic family activities organised on site.
Expect scientific explanations and sensory experiments: the delicate music of water drops, the peaceful, refreshing universe of this underground world, the beauty of the mysterious formations all around you, the caress of clay on your skin...
Learn along the way
Your guide will explain how the different rocks (and the cave itself) were formed, thanks to fascinating scale models:
- limestone formation at the bottom of the sea
- the moveent of continents and how ridges appear
- how water sculpts a landscape, slowly dissolving limescale
- how stalagmites, stalactites and other stone drapes are created
Make the most of your visit
June 15 to September 15: every day but Fridays
October 26 to November 3: every day
Groups: 15 persons min., all year round, booking essential
Guided tours at 11 am, 1 pm, 2.30 pm and 4 pm. Please be there 10 mn in advance.
- Educational service
- Car parking
- Place Leblanc 74170 Comblain-au-Pont