Greeks in Belgium have at heart to celebrate whit Monday. Join the Greek Monday in Enghien to learn more about their traditions, music, gastronomy and cheerfulness.
In 1959, His Eminence Metropolitan Panteleimon, a young priest at the time, decided to make the most of this public holiday with his compatriots. The Greek Day is now the largest Greek and philhellenic communities gathering in Benelux: over 15,000 join in!
- 9 am: blessing
- 10.30 am: divine lithurgy
- Presence of His Eminence Metropolitan Athënagoras of Belgium
- All day: Greek music and folkloric dances, tastings of souvlaki, retsina, cocktails and baklava
- At the back of the château d'Enghien: modern music and Greek DJs
- 10 pm: end of the Greek day