- Animal park/zoo/aquarium
The Jean Leclercq insectarium in Waremme, nicknamed "Hexapoda", is the only museum in Wallonia to offer a fun, scientific journey in the insect world.
Visitors get to learn everything about six-legged insects or hexapods: how they adapt to their environment, live in a group, communicate...
The world of hexapods
The collections feature 60 live species, hundreds of preserved ones and many pictures to illustrate the theory.
An extraordinary garden
The visit continues in the 2,500 m² garden, landscaped to be a perfect insect paradise:
- There also are butterflies and local insects (ladybirds, crickets, grasshoppers...) to see in the greenhouse.
- Ecological paths over 17 hectares
An off the beaten path visit
- Discovery of the entomological garden
- Entomophagy workshops
- Mondays to Fridays, from 9.30 am to noon then 1 to 4.30 pm
- July and August: also at weekends between noon and 6 pm