- Architectural heritage
- Walking or hiking
Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve's fully pedestrian centre make it unique in the world. Built in the 1970s, just 30 minutes from Brussels, it also is the youngest Belgian city, marking quite a contrast with its urban architecture and the major space given to nature. This called for an extra-ordinary visit: you can learn its many secrets by reading the QR codes around town.
Other particularity: Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve actually has two urban centres. Home town of the Catholic University of Louvain, Ottignies was enriched with a newer side, Louvain-la-Neuve, adding to its rich cultural and touristic heritage. The latter blends perfectly in the landscape. It seemed natural to make it fully pedestrian, offering a friendly, welcoming village atmosphere with all the comfort a city can offer.
The QR Code trail
Download the QR code app on your smartphone or tablet and start exploring! There is much to see in the town - the Hergé museum, the L Museum (a university museum), art pieces at the corner of many streets, parks perfect for a relaxing stroll... Simply click on the icons on the app to be directed to the location and received information on the place, artist, story...
- Classical visit "Discovering the new part of the city" (2h)
- Themed visit "Art in the city" (2h)
- Themed visit "Kosmopolit Art Tour" (2h, in French only)
- Lauzelle forest or Louvain-la-Neuve lake (1h30-2h, in French only)
Louvain-La-Neuve off the beaten paths
- The Jean Vilar theatre: behind the stage (1h, in French only)
- The thoughts of a lonely wandered (1h30, in French only)
Louvain-La-Neuve on the gourmet side
- Guided tour with 4 steps - apéritif, starter, main, dessert. (4h, in French, Dutch or English)
- The "Brasse-Temps" microbrewery (40 mn, 10 persons min., in French or English)