- Car tours
Land of around a hundred craft beers, the fertile ground of Wallonia picardy holds the record of having the most microbreweries on its territory.
They are indeed the region with the highest production of special beers in Belgium. Almost every commune has own its beer and brewery.
You’ll discover four renowned craft breweries along this itinerary, as well as unusual places for trying local beers.
And why not start by a stopover in the heart of Tournai, close to the cathedral, in the shop Le Moine Austère, rue Dorez 8, where more than 400 beers of Wallonia Picardy and of Belgium can be purchased.
Producers to visit on your gourmand tour
Recipe to try
- Lapin à la tournaisienne (Tournai-style rabbit with prunes and grapes)
- Salade tournaisienne (Tournai-style salad of lamb’s lettuce, apples, onions, chicorys, red cabbage with vinegar and beans)
- Palet de Dame (buttery cake covered in apricot jam and sweet icing)
- Ballons de Tournai (black sweets with three sugars)
- Fully-matured cheeses by Jacquy Cange in Stambruges