- Industrial heritage
- Guided tour and discovery
- Museum & discovery
Located between Liège and Maastricht, in the green setting of the Dalhem-Blegny region, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO: a gem of the Walloon industrial heritage.
The underground galleries (situated - 30 and - 60 metres below the ground level) are still accessed through the original shaft. Visitors will learn about the lives of the miners through demonstrations of the technical equipment used to clean and filter the coal.
Other cultural visits possible: the Mining museum, the road train, the slag heap biotope.
And on the leisure side: play areas, mini golf, a tree top trail, aviaries, pond surrounded by a park.
Prepare your visit
Blegny-Mine offers the following options:
The Blegny-Mine combination: Mine + Mining museum + Roadt train + slag heap biotope
Weekend stays (accommodation included)
All details (for individuals and groups) are on the website.
Should you need more information, please call:
- + 32 4 387 43 32 (Dutch)
- +32 4 387 43 33 (French)
- +32 4 387 98 11 (German)
Guided tours for individuals:
- Weekends and public holidays between February 17th and November 30th
- Everyday between April 2nd and September 7th
- Carnival holidays (February 10th-16th) and autumn holidays (October 29th-November 2nd)
- Guided tours of the mine in French at 11 am, 1.30 pm and 3.30 pm (+2.30 pm on Sundays/public holidays). July 1st to August 29th, 2018, additional visits at 12.30 pm, 2.30 pm and 4.30 pm
- everyday between February 10th and December 9th, booking required
- 15-30 persons
Information sur la promenade
- Indoor catering
- E-bike hire
- Film projections/presentations
- Housing service
- Library or document centre
- Educational service
- Training materials on request
- Car parking
- Barbecue/picnic area