- Industrial heritage
- Guided tour and discovery
- Museum & discovery
Located between Liège and Maastricht, in the green setting of the Dalhem-Blegny region, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO: a gem of the Walloon industrial heritage.
Explore the site
The underground galleries (situated - 30 and - 60 metres below the ground level) are still accessed through the original shaft. Visitors learn about the lives of the miners through demonstrations of the technical equipment used to clean and filter the coal.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Possibility to combine this visit with a guided tour of the museum, the touristic train, the slag heap biotope
- Possibility to enjoy a meal or apéritif in the mine
- Visit possible in French, Dutch, German, Portuguese and Italian
And on the leisure side: play areas, mini-golf, a treetop trail, aviaries, pond surrounded by a park.
Information on the walk
- Indoor catering
- Film projections/presentations
- Housing service
- Library or document centre
- Educational service
- Training materials on request
- Car parking
- Barbecue/picnic area