- Museum & discovery
Come and discover the new Préhistomuseum in Ramioul, the biggest museum in Europe dedicated to prehistoric times. There you will get a chance to experience the daily life of our ancestors.
12 fantastic adventures in a stunning forest
The site stretches over 30 hectares in the forest of the Ramioul Grotto. Visitors are transported to Cro Magnon times, which they can fully live through 12 experiences.
Visitors are invites to meet Cro Magnon through hyperactive exhibitions (over 15 interactions), challenges from an archaeologist interpreter-guide and modern games.
One cave, 9 outdoors experiences
- 3D trail to understand hunting in prehistoric times
- Barefoot trail
- Petting farm
- Vegetal maze
- Landscaped promenade
- Fun workshops with archaeologists (flint knapping, fire starting...)
- Prehistori challenge
- A Mammoth themed playground
- An Archeorestaurant serving prehistory-inspired dishes
Let alone the 8 km forest walk, an archeobistrot with its open fire, temporary exhibitions...
Visitors with specific needs
The Préhistomuseum is one of the many sites certified by Access-i (meaning with facilities or/activities adapted to travellers with specific needs). You will find more details on the website to plan your visit.
- Winter (October 29th to March 24th): every day 10 am to 5 pm (last entry at 4 pm)
- Summer (March 25th to October 27th): every day 10 am to 6 pm (last entry at 5 pm)
- Guided tours only.
- Winter (October 29th to March 24th): from 9 am, booking required
- Summer (March 25th to October 27th): from 9 am, booking required
- 15 persons max., 25 persons max.
Information on the walk
- Indoor catering