- Walking or hiking
- Trekking & hiking
This walk reveals the wonderful biodiversity of the Solwaster region and goes along the Sae, a wild, picturesque torrent that starts at the very heart of the Hautes Fagnes nature reserve.
Start: Solwaster church
Distance: 1, 7 or 12 km
Signs: Yellow then blue rectangle
- Follow the Yellow rectangles leading out of the village.
- Take the first path to the right after the Solwaster to get to the confluence of the Sawe and the Statte (twin rivers who both start in the Fagne region)
- Just follow the stream all the way to its source
- Once at the top, you will find a pretty path leading back to the village
There is an alternative, easier route for those with trouble to walk.
Along the way:
- The village of Solwaster and its beautifully preserved 19th century farms
- The Nutons waterfall
- A dolmen
- The Bilisse rock
Information on the walk