This exhibition in Charleroi, which features 131 photos taken by Magritte or of the famous Belgian artist himself, offers a different insight on his creative process.
These pictures reveal Magritte's strong interest in "mechanical" images (as well as photography and cinematography) and help to appreciate his work better. Look out for:
- Original photos, most taken by René Magritte and many presenting his "intellectual family": the Brussels surrealists
- Pictures used by the artists for some of his most known masterpieces
- Images from his personal photo albums picturing his childhood, parents, wife...
- Amateur pictures where Magritte staged his loved ones
- Avenue Paul Pastur 116032 Mont-sur-Marchienne