Guy Delforge's perfume shop, at the very heart of the Citadel of Namur, offers a fascinating underground experience. This unique trail in Wallonia reveals the many steps necessary to make a fragrance. The artist, rewarded many times for its talent, wanted to share his passion through this guided tour.
An exceptional setting
The Guy Delforge workshop, quite unique in Northern Europe, retraces the full story of a fragrance.
Often compared to a conductor creating a symphony of fragrances, the perfumer decided to renovate part of the former military fort of Namur. He chose this stunning historical setting to open his boutique in 1990.
The shop features a permanent exhibition on the world of perfumes.
The trail is offered as a guided tour. Visitors can explore the exhibition and boutique at their own pace.
Tours can be organised in several languages for companies. They include:
- The understanding the many steps in creating a fragrance
- The visit of the shelters used by soldiers under Charles Quint
- Presentation of the building and its history
- An olfactory workshop to test sensitivity to aromas
- An exhibition on Guy Delforge's perfumes
Discover the Guy Delforges perfumes at the Citadel of Namur
- Free entry all year
- Mondays to Saturdays: 10 am to 6.30 pm
- Sundays and Public: 2 to 6.30 pm
- November to February (included): until 5.30 pm
Visit of the perfume workshop
- Guided tour or audioguide: Saturdays (public holidays excluded): 3.30 pm
- School holidays: Mondays to Saturdays (public holidays excluded): 3.30 pm. Check on site if any additional time has been added for the day
- 15 persons min.
- All year
- Mondays to Saturdays (except for public holidays), booking required.
Information on the walk
- Film projections/presentations
- Visitor guide for groups
- Car parking
- Cycle rack