- Park (castles)
Nestled in the Château de Bioul estate, the vineyard counts 11 hectares of vine - they bring back to life the glorious wine-producing past of the region, known as "Vignoulle".
The former barns and stables of the château have now been converted into a winery.
The winemakers, focusing on the quality of their product, care very much about their environment and the selection of their vine plants. The hillsides have been chosen carefully for their sun exposure, the ground composition... Each plot of land is worked based on its needs - thus putting the natural balance first, the chemical side of things last.
The grape varieties
In Bioul, you will find vines producing;
- white grapes (Bronner, Cabernet Blanc, Johanniter, Solaris and Muscaris)
- red grapes (Pinotin, Cabernet Jura and Cabernet Noir).
They were chosen for their resilience to the Belgian climate and for the character they give the wine. Both come under the « Côte Sambre et Meuse » appellation.
The Made in Bioul trail
- Presentation of daily life at the Château
- History of the former department store Au Bon Marché and of the Vaxelaire family
- Discovery of the estate and its winery
- Tasting of the wines produced on site on the terrace, at the heart of the park and vineyard
- Made in Bioul trail with tasting (at weekends between Easter and the end of September)
- Group visits: guided tour of the estate all year round, booking essential
Expect a full immersion in the life of the estate, presented by two winemakers, passionate about organic wine.
Between Easter and the end of September:
- Saturdays and Sundays: 11 am to 6 pm
- Made in Bioul trail in French or English
- Weekdays: groups only (10 persons min.), booking essential. Guided tour in French, English or Dutch.
- Groups only (10 persons min.), booking essential. Guided tour in French, English or Dutch.
- Sales counter
- Tour of facilities