The province of Liège, nestled at the very heart of Europe, within easy reach of Maastricht, Aachen and Brussels, offers a remarkable communication network.
The region is also famous for its thermal baths thanks to Spa and the Château des Thermes in Chaudfontaine.
The Tourism Foundation can give you information on:
- Museums and cultural site
- Nature (Haute Ardenne, Fagnes, Condroz, Hesbaye, Pays de Herve, Meuse valley...)
- Walks and cruises
- Regional gastronomy
- Events (Grand Prix, festivals, cycling races...)
A few ideas:
- Liège, town of art and Belgian history, episcopal city, also is Wallonia's economic and cultural metropolis (Musée de la Vie Wallonne, Grand Curtius museum collection, Opéra Royal de Wallonie, Liège's Philharmonic orchestra), making its mark on European culture too. Known as the Fiery City, it is a lively place to live in or visit, rich in traditions, folklore and foodie delights.
- Internationally renowned events take place here: the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix in Spa-Francorchamps, the Liège-Bastogne-Liège cycling race (the oldest of the five Monuments of the European professional road cycling), the Francofolies Festival, the International Jazz Festival in Liège, the Design Biennale… to name a few!
- Its landscapes are very varied too: the Haute Ardenne, the Fagnes, the Condroz regions, the Hesbaye plains, the Pays de Herve and its, the Meuse valley…