Before taking a trip to Wallonia, it is essential to find out about bureau de change locations, public holidays and other features specific to the region.
Post offices are usually open from 8:30am to 5pm.
Banks are usually open Monday - Friday from 9am to 4pm.
Shops are usually open from 9am to 6pm except on Sundays. Some shops close from midday to 2pm.
Official public holidays, 2018
- 1 January (New Year's Day)
- 24 March (Easter Monday)
- 1 May (Labour Day)
- 25 May Ascension Day
- 5 June Whit Monday
- 21 July (Belgian National Day)
- 15 August (Assumption Day)
- 1 November (All Saints Day)
- 11 November (Armistice Day)
- 25 December (Christmas Day)