- The most beautiful villages of Wallonia
Located in the Famenne, almost at the crossing of the Ardenne and Condroz regions, My is a discreet, peaceful yet fascinating village, sure to delight cultural heritage and hike lovers.
Take a stroll in this harmonious village to admire its picturesque architecture.
Elegant and lively
Visitors first discover a splendid terrace lined with century-old plane trees, leading to an impressive 18th century fortified farm: a hint of how powerful My was in the feudal period.
The village is pretty lively: the school built in 1840 is still in activity, the laughs of children ricocheting in the nearby streets.
Not to be missed
- The old lime tree, at the heart of the village: the circumference of this amazing tree is close to 4 metres...
- The Assomption de la Sainte-Vierge church: if most houses around were built in limestone, this superb 19th-century building was made of bricks.
- The square-shaped Gillard farm and its beautiful tower entrance, which were outbuildings of the castle, another proof of My's importance a few centuries back.
What to do in My
- Explore its sweet little streets, looking for little details: a wrought iron lamp, a 19th century cast iron water pump which still feeds 7 limestone troughs
- Walks and bike trails to discover the region further
- Join the traditional Spring market, every May 1 and meet artists and artisans