- Museum & discovery
The Bastogne War Museum offers a new way to remember the Second World War in Belgium, more specifically the major battles of the 1940-45 conflict.
The museum is just a stone's throw from the famous Mardasson Memorial, within the city of Bastogne, situated in the East side of the Belgian Luxembourg province.
The living memory of the Ardennes
Housed in a brand-new building displaying an adventurous architectural concept, the visit offers a fresh perception in a modern and interactive framework of the causes, events and consequences of World War II through the lens of the Ardennes Counteroffensive – the “Battle of the Bulge”. The new journey through the museum is dotted with flashbacks, genuine multi-sensory, three-dimensional scenes in a completely new format.
Prepare your visit
Duration: 2 hours
Audio guide included
Languages: Dutch, English, French and German
A kids trail also is available.
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have a wheelchair / if you have difficulties walking / If you are blind or visually impaired: special parking spaces, wide spaces along the museum, adapted toilets and special spaces in the screening room
- If you are deaf: information panels in 4 languages throughout the museum
- If you are hard of hearing: audio guides with adjustable volume button
- Indoor catering
- Access for PRM (autodeclared)
- Training materials provided