- Grottoes and caves
The Caves of Han sur Lesse are bang slap in the heart of Wallonia's Geopark. Take the vintage tram from the village this amazing subterranean adventure.
2 km of galleries
Their haunting underground world boasts many mysterious, majestic rooms:
- the Minaret
- the Trophy (a giant stalagmite, 7 m high, 20 m in circumference)
- the Mysterious Room and its multicoloured concretions
- the Dome (145 m high).
The cave walls are a reminder of the tropical ocean of creatures that once swam through these vast spaces.
Special light and sound techniques act like a subterranean nightclub to recreate the story of past times.
At the edge of the cave, Le Pavillon brasserie-restaurant will delight your taste buds with its wide choice of dishes, showcasing local ingredient. Add to this a large terrace overlooking the Lesse and a glass of Blonde de Han beer... Perfect!
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer. This site is not Access-i certified but does try to help. Do contact them for more details.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have a wheelchair: the estate organises adapted visits along with a special trail a few times a year. Please contact the site to book a place. Visitors will need to come with an accompanying person.
Information on the walk
- Outdoor catering
- Indoor catering
- Free catering
- Access for PRM (autodeclared)
- Air conditioning
- Training materials provided
- Car parking