- Grottoes and caves
Come and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
The estate is sure to amaze you:
- Its wildlife park is the only one in Belgium to be home to the European “Big Five” (wolf, bear, lynx, European bison and wolverine).
- Its newly designed discovery trail, the interactive PrehistoHan exhibition, and the "Han of Yesteryear" museum complete the visit.
2 km of galleries, surprises along the way
There are 2 km of galleries to discover with stunning chambers along the way: the Minaret, the Trophy (a giant stalagmite, 7 m high, 20 m in circumference), the Mysterious Room and its multicoloured concretions, the Dome (145 m high).
Halfway through the visit, a son et lumière show will light up the Room of weapons beautifully. This fantastic interlude, named Origin, was designed by Luc PETIT. The latest video mapping technologies have been used to recreate the story of these underground galleries. Simply mind wowing.
At the edge of the cave, Le Pavillon brasserie-restaurant will delight your taste buds with its wide choice of dishes, showcasing local ingredient. Add to this a large terrace overlooking the Lesse and a glass of Blonde de Han beer... Perfect!
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer. This site is not Access-i certified but does try to help. Do contact them for more details.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have a wheelchair: the estate organises adapted visits along with a special trail a few times a year. Please contact the site to book a place. Visitors will need to come with an accompanying person.
Carnival season, weekends in March, every day between April to October.
More information on opening dates and times on the official website/
Groups (booking required): every day except for December and January
Information on the walk
- Outdoor catering
- Indoor catering
- Free catering
- Access for PRM (autodeclared)
- Air conditioning
- Training materials provided
- Car parking