- Water attraction
- Kayak, canoe or rafting
- Swimming & diving
- Adventure sports
- Watersports or sailing
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
The Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
Located between Charleroi, Philippeville and Beaumont, the Eau d'Heure lakes offer a wide range of activities and infrastructures that will delight athletes, families with children and nature lovers altogether.
The complex is divided in 3:
- The brand new Aquacentre, both an aqua park and a wellness centre
- The Plate Taille Visitors Centre
- The Relais de Falemprise, a recreational space along the lakes
Guided tour of the dam and the Eau d'Heure skywalk
An experience not to be missed! Visitors can travel down to the depths of the biggest dam in Belgium or up to the Skywalk, 107 m high, offering a stunning panorama from its glass protected viewing platform.
A selection of marked trails offer wonderful opportunities to walk, ride your (normal or mountain) bike. There are different levels (fit for beginners, families and exert hikers) to choose from.
"European Destinations of Excellence" (EDEN)
The Eau d'Heure lakes are proud to be an EDEN "European Destinations of Excellence". Indeed, this iconic touristic destination in Belgium, which straddles both the province of Namur and Hainaut, won the "Aquatic Tourism" category in 2010.
The site and the visitor centres are open all year round.
Some activities will only be available at specific times in the year.
Tips for accommodation
- The Golden Lakes Village holiday resort
- Landal Village l'Eau d'Heure
Have a look at the beautiful videos on the Eau d'Heure lakes Youtube channel.
Groups: all year from 10 am
- July and August: every day at 11.30 am, 1.30 pm, 3.30 pm and 5.30 pm
- Easter, All Saints and Christmas holidays: every day at 11.30 am and 3.30 pm
- January-June, September-December: weekends, public holidays and Wednesdays, 11.30 am to 3.30 pm
Information on the walk
- Outdoor catering
- Indoor catering
- Free catering
- Bike hire
- Housing service
- Visitor guide for groups
- Horse riding
- Swimming pool
- Training materials on request
- Training materials provided
- Car parking
- Cycle rack