- Architectural heritage
The castle was built beginning of the 13th century, where the actual entrance of the park is. When the estate was given to the Arenberg family, the building was renovated and embellished. Later on, the Sans Culottes, invading the city, would pillage it, stripping it of its richness.
When the Arenberg family finally got it back, it was in such a state of ruin that Duke Louis-Engelbert got it razed to the ground in 1806 then rebuilt. Sadly, it caught on fire on the very day of its inauguration...
The actual castle, Louis XVI style, set in a 182 hectares park, was built in 1913 ion the former Orangerie, on Baron Empain's request. Two wings were added in 1926. They were designed by architect Alexandre Marcel.
Only the park can be visited.
The castle can be rented for private events.
Activities: nature walks
- Outdoor catering
- Cycle rack