- Architectural heritage
- Religious heritage
- Vegetable garden - medicinal plants
- Museum & discovery
Visit the abbey, built in 1146 and part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage. It is considered one of the most beautiful architectural sites in Europe. Start with the visitor centre then try the new, innovative discovery trail!
The majestic ruins offer a stunning background to the natural setting, an pleasant historical side to the stroll through the themed gardens and an insight into the life of the monks in the Middle Ages.
In 2016, the abbey designed an improved visitor experience with:
- A new reception area together with a new shop, where you can find, amongst other treats, the 4 organic beers brewed on site.
- An interpretation centre and a new visitor route, complete with digital panels and touch screens, an impressive model version of what the build used to look like and walkways with a panoramic 180º view of all the ruins.
Your visit of the Villers Abbey
You can go old school and take one of the informative leaflets available in 10 languages, use an audio guide or delight the little ones with a treasure hunt, which can be downloaded on your Smartphone or MP3 player.
During your visit, you will notice QR codes in the rooms of the abbey. Scan them: they will give you a wealth of information on this magical place.
The Monks' and the medicinal gardens, amongst the ruins, was created with the help of the Yves-Rocher Foundation. More than a hundred different plants used to heal all kind of ailments in the Middle Ages are cultivated here: not to be missed!
The Villers Abbey also comes to life for extraordinary event, its unique architecture become the background to open air theatre plays or concerts.
- Credit cards accepted
- Outdoor catering
- Indoor catering
- Library or document centre
- Educational service
- Visitor guide for groups
- Mobility translation booth
- Training materials provided
- Car parking
- Cycle rack
- Common bathroom