- Cycle ride
Love long hikes? The East cantons feature superb cycling trails like this one, with stunning panoramas and lake views.
Start: Bütgenbach church
Distance: 37 km
Signs: RAVel and nodes
- From the very start, you will be able to enjoy open views on vast landscapes.
- Cycle on the RAVel along the beautiful lake of Bütgenbach, perfect for a swim in summer.
- Further on, nature gets a little wilder with, after Honsfeld, the beginning of the Warche offering marshes.
- From Büllingen, a pleasant journey will take you through peaceful countryside villages.
- After Schoppen is Ondenval, where you will find the Vennbahm, a former railway which proved quite strategic to German troops. Now converted into a green belt, it is now considered one of the most beautiful cycling paths in Europe as it features a wide variety of landscapes.
- In Waimes, turn towards Weywerts to return to the lake of Bütgenbach.
Good to know
Information on the walk
Minimum distance37 Km
The information provided is an indication only. We advise you to inquire directly with the organisers of the event that interests you before you leave.