- Grottoes and caves
The Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 1828 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon: the longest underground navigation in the world!
What to expect from visiting the caves
The visit promises a memorable journey underground featuring stunning jewels:
- Spacious underground galleries, beautifully sculpted with stalactites and stalagmites by nature
- A room decorated in 1912 and named the Cathedral for its height - 40 metres
- An underground river lit by LEDs
The first part is a 1 km stroll through a mysterious, fascinating landscape such as the first hall, which was inhabited by Palaeolithic hunters 8.000 years ago. Always against a fabulous background, full of colours and life, you will pass corridors, filled by the subterranean river Rubicon, until the big hall of the Cathedral.
The second part is visited by boat, gliding the Rubicon winding subterranean river of almost 600 m in length. This is the longest underground navigation in the world... Here one will discover new beauties, including a natural water fountain that sprays under the subterranean roof, forming a magnificent curtain.
Good to know
- Possibility to combine the visit of the Caves of Remouchamps with the Monde Sauvage d'Aywaille.
- This is a guided tour (in French, Dutch, English or German): the beauty of the site is matched with detailed explanation about its history.
- Until April 5: open every day from 10 am (last tour at 4 pm during the week, 5 pm during the weekends)
- The frequency of the tours depends on the season/number of visitors. No fixed time for tours.
Information on the walk