- Industrial heritage
- Museum & discovery
This stone, unique in the world, has been exported outside Belgium since the 17th century. Vielsalm was particularly famous for this whetstone, used to sharpen knives and razors. This economy evolved from an artisanal skill to a full industry along 4 centuries.
The museum found its home in a former workshop, which features operating machines, a room dedicated to geology and a full insight in the economical, historical and social sides of the mining exploitation.
- Guided tours on request in French, English or Dutch
- Audio guide in French, Dutch and German
- Educational panels in French only
- Educational kit for children between 8 and 14.
- Parking for 10 cars. The path leading to the workshop is not accessible to coaches, which will need to park along the N68. Visitors can then access the museum by taking a bridge going over the Glain river.
- INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 260342
The ticket can be combine with the Musée de l'Histoire et de la Vie Salmiennes or the Maison du Pays de Salm.
Information on the walk
- Library or document centre
- Visitor guide for groups