This is one of the 12 forts built by General Brialmont around Lièges. Together with Pontisse on the other side of the Meuse, it was the farther north of Liège.
The fort of Barchon was the first to fall to the German offensive (Augusut 8, 1914)
Improved, fortified for the second world war, it wouldn't have any better luck. The battle with the enemy (May 10-18, 1940) concluded with the bombing of the artillery and Stukas.
Visits: second Sunday of the month, April to November.
Duration: 3 h.
Departure: 2 pm from the cafeteria at the entrance of the fort.