- Museum & discovery
The Mundaneum, archive centre and exhibition space is an unmissable cultural spot for discovering Mons, the European Capital of Culture in 2015.
Open once again after 2 years of major works: its digital transformation has become a reality, redefining the contours of our society. At a time when the EU is laying the foundations for a unique digital market it is an original venue which questions the origins of this revolution which can be compared to the invention of the printing press in the 15th century.
A bit of history
The Mundaneum today
- Universal Bibliographic Repetory, which is inscribed to the UNESCO Memory of the World List.
- The International Newspaper Museum
- Personal papers from the founders
- Archives on anarchy, feminism and pacifism
- Books, posters, photographs, post cards, etc.
- Educational service
- Wheelchair/disabled access