- Train/tram/tourist train
Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Belgium.
The steam railway of the three valleys or CFV3V goes from Mariembourg to Treignes, via Nismes, Olloy-sur-Viroin and Vierves, the latter being listed as one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia. You are sure to fall under the charm of the picturesque landscapes along the way.
You can learn more about this network, famous in Europe for its beauty at the Steam railway of the three valleys museum.
Special events to put in your agenda
- June 10: BBQ day, booking required
- July 21: model train exhibition at the museum
- August 15: Artisanal market with a focus on regional product. Part of the Wallonia, taste the difference campaign.
- September 02: a menu featuring regional ingredients will be served on board the steam train. Part of the Wallonia, taste the difference campaign.
- September 23 and 24: steam festival
- October 28 and 29: Halloween train in the evening
- December 16 and 17: Christmas train
Duration of a trip
40 mn on a steam train, 30 mn a railcar
The trains are either diesel (railcars) or steam ones. They ride:
- The 3 days of the Easter weekend
- All weekends and public holidays from April to Nov. 01
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from the first weekend of July to the end of August
- Fridays from July 15 to August 15
- The weekend before Christmas
The detailed timetable can be found on the official website.
- Wheelchair/disabled access
- Car parking
- Cycle rack