- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and life in Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
The museum welcomes you into the 13th-century convent of the Friars Minors, which has been beautifully renovated. The collections, arranged by theme, offer a fantastic insight into life in the South of Belgium through time.
The permanent exhibition focuses on the technical (r)evolution, living together, day after day and spiritual life. A state-of-the-art scenography brings objects and archive documents to life, weaving old and contemporary artefacts in the presentations.
The Museum of Walloon Life also offers:
- A fantastic documentation centre situated in the Chamart house next to the museum,
- A genuine puppet theatre (which Liege is famous for),
- Exhibitions and numerous events throughout the year, such as summer concerts,
- A shop and a terroir products tasting area, where visitors can try delicious local specialities
- Visits and activities for all ages and audiences.
Visitors with specific needs
The Musée de la vie wallonne is part of the sites certified by the official label Access-i (meaning with facilities or/activities adapted to travellers with specific needs). Click here for more details.
The Musée de la Vie wallonne: a touching look into the past.
WALLOON LIFE MUSEUM
Validity date: from 01-01-2022 au 31-12-2022
- Offer valid for the permanent collections of the museum
- 2.5€ instead of 5€ per adult, 1.5€ instead of 3€ per child
- Offer valid throughout 2022
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please use the code ESCA2022 to enjoy this promotion
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet