- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions. You will easily understand why this cultural heritage has been protected by UNESCO.
The Carnival, as if you were there
The Binche Carnival's interpretative Centre will offer an immersive experience, designed to awaken all senses.
Archive pieces, unseen documents, testimonies, audio capsules, pictures, screenings... will place you at the very heart of this exceptional folkloric event. Visitors will be able to see, hear, touch and even smell the Carnival.
Masks: a world-wide tradition
All around the world. For carnivals welcoming spring back in Europe. For hypnotising dances in Africa, fascinating ceremonies in both South and North America, rites in Asia and Oceania.
The common point? Masks, of course. Binche's Musée du Masque presents an incredible collection of these, in all shapes and textures, paired with a costume.
The museum also organises:
- temporary exhibitions,
- guided tours a
- entertainment for adults and families.
Visitors with specific needs
MUSÉE INTERNATIONAL DU CARNAVAL ET DU MASQUE
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid throughout 2021
- 4€ instead of 8€ per adult, 3.5€ instead of 7€ per senior/student, 1.75€ instead of 3.5€ per child aged 6 to 12 years
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If you wish to book online, please contact the museum beforehand to know which steps to follow.
Cafe - Shop - Training materials on request - Car parking - Parking
Guide available/groups - German - EN - ES - FR - IT - NL - RU