- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
- Animal park/zoo/aquarium
Who needs Africa when you can come to Wallonia and see the European "Big Five"? It's the only place in Belgium that has the wolf, the bear, the lynx, the bison and the wolverine all in their natural environment. Visitors can marvel at brilliant views by navigating wobbly but thrilling walkways in the treetops...
2 ways to explore the park
You can either explore by safari buss or walk along the newly designed 5-km trail.
Aboard the safari bus
Go straight to the village of Han-sur-Lesse where you can board the safari-bus, big open vehicles driving through the reserve. There will be several stops along the way to get you a better chance to observe the animals.
Walk along the newly designed trail
Discover the Wildlife Park at your own pace via this 5 km footpath, providing many opportunities to approach the animals from a safe distance. Viewpoints, benches, picnic tables add to the experience. Visitors have the possibility, half way through the trail, to catch a shuttle to the Bears den.
Sleeping in the trees
Relax amidst nature with a stay in treetop tents under the stars or do a spot of forest bathing for extra thrills.
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have difficulties walking: the park organises visits on a wheelchair friendly safari car. Each can fit 10 wheelchairs per ride. Please check the dates with the estate and book a space with them.
LE DOMAINE DES GROTTES DE HAN
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid throughout 2021
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please use the code PROMESC21 to enjoy this promotion
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Cafe - Shop - Car parking - Parking - Restaurant
Guide available/groups - German - EN - FR - NL - Guide available/individuals - DE - EN - FR - NL