Looking for fun activities with children? Have a look at our list of family-friendly exhibitions, workshops and events in Wallonia.
- Page 1
- © FT Province de NamurThe first Sunday of the month (February to June)TreignesVisit
The Ecole d'Autrefois: the school of yesteryear in TreignesHear this? That's the school bell... Quick, get in line, 2 by 2! Your experience at the Ecole d' Autrefois is about to begin. Listen carefully, respect and discipline matter here. No chatting or ou may find yourself in a corner with a dunce cap... Not to wory, though: there will be plenty of fun to be had.
- © FTBWFebruary 2021Villers-la-villeVisit
Villers-la-Ville's traditional night walkThis traditional night walk finds inspiration in a different theme every year. How about travelling back to medieval times at Villers-la-Ville Abbey in 2020?
- © Skeeze / PixabayMarch 2021Comblain-au-pontVisit
Learn more about beavers | A nature walk in ComblainLes découvertes de Comblain invite you to join their beaver nature walk.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyApril 2021StavelotTrade fair
Festoyons wallon in Stavelot | A medieval terroir fairThe Stavelot Abbey will recreate the knights’ era in its wonderful historical setting. The event will take place on April 28-29th, 2018.
- © Maison du Tourisme Condroz-FamenneApril 2021CineyVisit
Be our guests: a fantastic day to explore the Vallée des SaveursMany touristic locations (museums, attractions, quirky lodgings, producers, farms...) of the Condroz-Famenne region will welcome you for this cheerful event.
- © Philippe RenardApril 2021Villers-la-villeShow
Les Nuits du Cirque | A magical evening dedicated to circus acts at the Villers-la-Ville abbeyThe Villers Abbey invites you a magical show in May: circus acts will turn this stunning historical location into the most fascinating universe.
- © Arthurs-HMay 2021FrameriesDemonstration
A sustainable fair at the Pass (Frameries)Come and have fun at the Fête du Développement Durable, a cheerful, family-friendly day dedicated to sustainability. The event is free to join.
- © Saris & den EngelsmanMay 2021CharleroiExhibition
A children's festival at the BPS22Families are invited to a special weekend at the BPS22 (Charleroi): there will be exhibitions, visits, creative and philosophical workshops for both children and adults to enjoy.
- © Fondation Folon 2018May 2021La HulpeDemonstration
Prenez l'Air (Get some fresh air) | A festive day at the Folon FoundationThe Folon Foundation invites you to join the 7th edition of Prenez l'air (Get some fresh air), which will take place in the Solvay Park (La Hulpe), May 10th, 2018.
- © OTVJune 2021ViroinvalDemonstration
Archéologie en fête: taste gallic and gallo-roman dishes at the Malgré-Tout museum in TreignesCome and try gallic and gallo-roman dishes and ay the Malgré-Tout museum in Treignes on June 8-9th, 2019.
- © Jen RegnierJuly 2021BamboisVisit
Picnic walks in the province of NamurThe province of Namur invites you its picnic walks this summer: a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes the region has to offer, learn about its history and savour terroir products.
- © WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteJuly 2021Strépy-bracquegniesCruise
A weekend along the water | Canal du Centre, La LouvièreThe Canal du Centre invites you to enjoy a weekend along the water with new, surprising cruises. This enchanting event, in the Unesco listed site of La Louvière, is perfect to celebrate summertime!
- © Bernard CarbonneauxJuly 2021MariembourgVisit
A steam train adventure all the way to TreignesAll on board! Jump on a vintage steam train and journey through the Viroins valley and through time... This adventure starts in Marienbourg and takes you to Treignes and its many museums.
- © PexelsAugust 2021TransinneExhibition
La Nuit des étoiles at the Euro Space Center (Transinne)Join the Nuit des étoiles, a fantastic, family-friendly event at the Euro Space Center in Tansinne, dedicated to astronomy.
- © PexelsAugust 2021FrameriesDemonstration
La Nuit des étoiles at the Pass (Frameries)Enjoy a weekend dedicated to astronomy at the Pass, in Frameries: access to the site and the event are free.
- © SPW-Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantAugust 2021La LouvièreDemonstration
Family Fun Day | Bois-du-LucBois du Luc and its Musée de la Mine et du Développement Durable invite you to a fun and instructive day in Houdeng-Aimeries. The next event will take place in 2021.
- © B PhotographyAugust 2021BeloeilShow
The Féeries at the Château de BeloeilThe Beloeil castle will be shining bright during these festivities, taking place right under the stars. The next event will take place in 2021.
- © O.T. Liège - Marc VerpoortenSeptember 2021LiègeShow
Unimage | A fantastic puppet festival in LiègeThe Musée de la Vie wallonne invites you to discover Unimage, a festival dedicated to the art of puppetry and keeping this Belgian tradition alive. Its rich program is sure to delight children and adults alike.
- © WBT - J. JeanmartOctober 2021StavelotDemonstration
Dinoween | Celebrate Halloween at Plopsa CooDinosaurs are taking over the Plopsa Coo theme park this Halloween, renamed Dinoween for the occasion. Get ready for a journey through prehistoric times and help the park rangers keep these giants under control...
- © MTPVBW - B. HoggeOctober 2021Villers-la-villeVisit
A family treasure hunt at Villers-la-Ville abbeyBring friends and family along to the Villers Abbey's treasure hunt, fun guaranteed!
- © Adventure Valley DurbuyOctober 2021DurbuyShow
Mystery Forest: a light and sound show at Adventure Valley DurbuyAdventure Valley Durbuy is in full Halloween mode! Passed its closing time, it will be beautifully lit to create the most magical atmosphere. Come and see its brand new light and sound show, Mystery Forest...
- © Château de Jehay, Nuit des sorcières, Province de Liège ©Gianni Di PumaOctober 2021AmayFolklore and Tradition
Celebrate Halloween at the Château de JehayThe witching hour is near... Come and get a few Halloween scares at the Château de Jehay!
- © Domaine des Grottes de HanOctober 2021Han-sur-lesseFolklore and Tradition
Celebrate Halloween at the Caves of Han estateBrave the path leading to the Han-sur-Lesse forest and witness fierce fights between werewolves and vampires...
- © Découvertes de ComblainOctober 2021Comblain-au-pontVisit
Sleeping through the winter with your head down at the Comblain CaveThe Comblain Cave invites (Re)discover the stunning cave of Comblain this autumn and learn all about the bats which have chosen it as their home.you to a quite extraordinary visit during the holidays of All Saints' Day. Sleeping through the winter with your head down will take place in October 2019.
- © Aventure ParcOctober 2021WavreFolklore and Tradition
Halloween at the Aventure Parc (Wavre)It's Halloween time at the Aventure Parc de Wavre: the trees may very well hide eerie, magical creatures...
- © Pairi Daiza 2017October 2021BrugeletteShow
Halloween at Pairi Daiza | Step into darkness at the Gardens of the World9 days of Hallowen fun await at Pairi Daiza this year! Come and have a thrilling time in its zoological park, turned into a evil garden for the occasion.
- © John SwijsenFrom 31 October to 01 November 2021NamurFolklore and Tradition
Halloween at the citadel of NamurWho would have guessed the Terra Nova estate was haunted? Ghosts will be showing up at the Citadel of Namur this Halloween: the perfect excuse for games and fancy dress!
- © WBT - J.L. FlémalOctober 2021NeuvillersFolklore and Tradition
Celebrate Halloween the Celtic way in LibramontThe Musée des Celtes invites you to celebrate Samonios (the Celtic version of Halloween) at the very heart of the forest of Bonance. Along this guided tour, weaving storytelling in, you will learn of the mysterious goddesses living nearby...
- © WBT - J.L. FlémalNovember 2021NamurVisit
A torch-lit walk in the citadel of NamurThis torch-lit walk is the perfect opportunity to (re)discover the citadel of Namur...
- © O.P.From 19 December 2020 to 31 May 2021RamioulExhibition
A feline exhibition at the Préhistomuseum300,000 years ago, in the cold plains of Europe, felines thrived. Le Préhistomuseum de Ramioul is dedicating an exhibition to them, from sabre-toothed tigers to domestic cats. The gallery will feature full size representation of lynxes, jaguars, tigers... as well as bones and explanatory panels.
- © Musée HergéFrom 22 December 2020 to 04 April 2021Ottignies-louvain-la-neuveExhibition
In America with Tintin | An exhibition at the Hergé MuseumThe Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve now features a new temporary exhibition "In America with Tintin".
- © MT Waterloo - Gerard PirauxFrom 05 February to 14 March 2021La HulpeShow
Lanterna Magica: a magical show at the Domaine de La HulpeThis magical event - part walk, part show - will light up the Domaine de La Hulpe estate for this end of year festivities.
- © PBWMarch 2021GenappeDemonstration
Napoleon sweets hunt at Napoleon's last headquarters (Genappe)Join this original egg hunt at Napoleon's last headquarters: instead of chocolate eggs, you will be looking for the famous Napoleon sweets. Children aged 2 to 10 are invited to join and have fun in the orchard. Family-friendly, festive atmosphere guaranteed.
- © Ville de BincheApril 2021BincheMarket
Binche medieval fairTravel back to medieval times in Binche: an incredibly realistic camp will be set up in the communal park of the city.
- © Abbaye de Villers - Parenthèse bien-êtreApril 2021Villers-la-villeFestival
Villers-la-Ville Abbey wellbeing festivalThe abbey invites you to join this wellness event and relax in its extraordinaty setting.
- © sportografApril 2021NamurRace or competition
Namur International marathon | Push your limitsLove a challenge? Then join the Namur marathon! The 42 km itinerary is a wonderful opportunity to discover the capital of Wallonia and its region.
- © Bernard CuvelierApril 2021Grez-doiceauFolklore and Tradition
Saint George celebrations in Grez-DoiceauSaint George has been celebrated for centuries. Come and join the procession and animations in his honour in Grez-Doiceau, taking place April 27-29th, 2018.
- © Lac de BamboisApril 2021Fosses-la-villeDemonstration
Le Réveil du Lac de Bambois: spring family friendly celebrations in Fosses-la-VilleMark the arrival of spring with the Réveil du Lac de Bambois (awakening of the estate). The Gardens of the Bambois lake will be hosting cheerful, family-friendly celebrations for the occasion.
- © Johann WalterMay 2021LiègeShow
Métamorphoses | A symphony of artistic emotions in LiègeEnjoy 5 days of free shows for Métamorphoses, a festival taking place every year in Liège. These rather magical performances will take place in some of the most iconic locations of the fiery city in May 2020
- © WBT - Olivier LegardienMay 2021AthFestival
Sortilèges, rue et vous: a festival in AthThis festival, which takes place on the day of the Ascension, is sure to put a spell on you...
- © Jean-Luc BodeuxMay 2021TontelangeDemonstration
Tontegrange: barn animations in TontelangeFor this long weekend, Totelange, one of the prettiest of the Attert valley, will organise a wide range of animations. Perfect to have fun with friend and family.
- © copyright WBTMay 2021La LouvièreExhibition
MOTAMO: La Louvière's international biennial for children's booksThis international children's book fair, taking place in La Louvière, has been organised with and by young people aged 6 to 18.
- © José BurgeonMay 2021DochampsDemonstration
Chlorophylle fair | DochampsThe Parc Chlorophylle in Dochamps is throwing a family-friendly party: come and join the fun!
- © OT Tournai - Jan D'HondtMay 2021TournaiDemonstration
Tournai en fête | 5 festive daysParticipate in a weekend entirely dedicated to partying! Festivities, processions, concerts and a host of various events in Tournai.
- © Community Events ASBLMay 2021EnghienDemonstration
Celebrate Greek Day in the Parc d'EnghienGreeks in Belgium have at heart to celebrate whit Monday. Join the Greek Monday in Enghien to learn more about their traditions, music, gastronomy and cheerfulness.
- © Brasserie des LégendesMay 2021IrchonwelzShow
Les Bouffonneries | A medieval day in IrchonwelzTake part in the medieval celebrations of the Brasserie des Légendes and meet with minstrels, jesters, jugglers, esquires, magicians in period costumes. Quite a memorable day!
- © CCEJune 2021EnghienExhibition
Enghien art trailSpend a weekend exploring the creative side of Enghien. Over 60 artists will open their workshop to the public or share their passion in the town's cultural buildings.
- © WBT - Christelle AnceauJune 2021Around WalloniaFestival
Music Day in WalloniaThis traditional event celebrates in the most cheerful way the summer solstice with free concerts all around Wallonia.
- Page 1