Type of event
Looking for fun activities with children? Have a look at our list of family-friendly exhibitions, workshops and events in Wallonia.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyApril 2021StavelotTrade fair
Festoyons wallon in Stavelot | A medieval terroir fairThe Stavelot Abbey will recreate the knights’ era in its wonderful historical setting. The event will take place on April 28-29th, 2018.
- © Arthurs-HMay 2021FrameriesDemonstration
A sustainable fair at the Pass (Frameries)Come and have fun at the Fête du Développement Durable, a cheerful, family-friendly day dedicated to sustainability. The event is free to join.
- © Fondation Folon 2018May 2021La HulpeDemonstration
Prenez l'Air (Get some fresh air) | A festive day at the Folon FoundationThe Folon Foundation invites you to join the 7th edition of Prenez l'air (Get some fresh air), which will take place in the Solvay Park (La Hulpe), May 10th, 2018.
- © OTVJune 2021ViroinvalDemonstration
Archéologie en fête: taste gallic and gallo-roman dishes at the Malgré-Tout museum in TreignesCome and try gallic and gallo-roman dishes and ay the Malgré-Tout museum in Treignes on June 8-9th, 2019.
- © PexelsAugust 2021FrameriesDemonstration
La Nuit des étoiles at the Pass (Frameries)Enjoy a weekend dedicated to astronomy at the Pass, in Frameries: access to the site and the event are free.
- © SPW-Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantAugust 2021La LouvièreDemonstration
Family Fun Day | Bois-du-LucBois du Luc and its Musée de la Mine et du Développement Durable invite you to a fun and instructive day in Houdeng-Aimeries. The next event will take place in 2021.
- © WBT - J. JeanmartOctober 2021StavelotDemonstration
Dinoween | Celebrate Halloween at Plopsa CooDinosaurs are taking over the Plopsa Coo theme park this Halloween, renamed Dinoween for the occasion. Get ready for a journey through prehistoric times and help the park rangers keep these giants under control...
- © copyright WBTJanuary 2021VielsalmDemonstration
Salm sur Glace - Covered ice rink in VielsalmNew edition of the Salm on Ice, an ice rink will be installed at Hall Fort Doyards, near the station. In Vielsalm, in February and March 2020.
- © PBWMarch 2021GenappeDemonstration
Napoleon sweets hunt at Napoleon's last headquarters (Genappe)Join this original egg hunt at Napoleon's last headquarters: instead of chocolate eggs, you will be looking for the famous Napoleon sweets. Children aged 2 to 10 are invited to join and have fun in the orchard. Family-friendly, festive atmosphere guaranteed.
- © Ville de BincheApril 2021BincheMarket
Binche medieval fairTravel back to medieval times in Binche: an incredibly realistic camp will be set up in the communal park of the city.
- © Bernard CuvelierApril 2021Grez-doiceauFolklore and Tradition
Saint George celebrations in Grez-DoiceauSaint George has been celebrated for centuries. Come and join the procession and animations in his honour in Grez-Doiceau, taking place April 27-29th, 2018.
- © Lac de BamboisApril 2021Fosses-la-villeDemonstration
Le Réveil du Lac de Bambois: spring family friendly celebrations in Fosses-la-VilleMark the arrival of spring with the Réveil du Lac de Bambois (awakening of the estate). The Gardens of the Bambois lake will be hosting cheerful, family-friendly celebrations for the occasion.
- © copyright WBTMay 2021TontelangeDemonstration
Tontegrange: barn animations in TontelangeFor this long weekend, Totelange, one of the prettiest of the Attert valley, will organise a wide range of animations. Perfect to have fun with friend and family.
- © José BurgeonMay 2021DochampsDemonstration
Chlorophylle fair | DochampsThe Parc Chlorophylle in Dochamps is throwing a family-friendly party: come and join the fun!
- © OT Tournai - Jan D'HondtMay 2021TournaiDemonstration
Tournai en fête | 5 festive daysParticipate in a weekend entirely dedicated to partying! Festivities, processions, concerts and a host of various events in Tournai.
- © Community Events ASBLMay 2021EnghienDemonstration
Celebrate Greek Day in the Parc d'EnghienGreeks in Belgium have at heart to celebrate whit Monday. Join the Greek Monday in Enghien to learn more about their traditions, music, gastronomy and cheerfulness.
- © Brasserie des LégendesMay 2021IrchonwelzShow
Les Bouffonneries | A medieval day in IrchonwelzTake part in the medieval celebrations of the Brasserie des Légendes and meet with minstrels, jesters, jugglers, esquires, magicians in period costumes. Quite a memorable day!
- © Visitmons - Gregory MathelotJune 2021MonsDemonstration
St John's Night bonfire in MonsThe St John's Night bonfire is very much looked forward to tradition in Mons. Cheerfulness all around!
- © SI MalmedyJune 2021MalmedyDemonstration
Malmedy's Saint Pierre FairMalmedy's Saint Pierre Fait stretches over most the town centre, made traffic free for the occasion: it is the largest in the region. The next event will take place in June 2019.
- © WBT - Olivier LegardienJune 2021AubechiesFolklore and Tradition
Feux de Beltaine bonfires (Aubechies)The Archéosite and Musée d’Aubechies will be, as every year, hosting their traditional Feux de Beltaine bonfire.
- © stronytwoichmarzen / PixabayJuly 2021Comblain-au-pontDemonstration
A medieval fair in Comblain-au-PontThere will be much to see for these medieval festivities in Comblain-au-Pont: musicians, storytellers, knights, crossbowmen... A 100 characters will set camp in the park, recreating the atmosphere of that era.
- © WBT - AvantageJuly 2021GérouvilleDemonstration
La Géroublonnade: beer and terroir food celebrations in GérouvilleEvery year on the second Saturday of July, Gérouville throws a party to celebrate terroir food and beers. Join the fun!
- © © WBT - David SamynJuly 2021Torgny (rouvroy)Trade fair
Torgny's artisanal fait | A cheerful event in the Gaume regionA hundred artists and artisans from Belgium and France will join this festive event, which takes place every year on the third Sunday of July.
- © Foire de LibramontJuly 2021Libramont-chevignyTrade fair
The Libramont Fair - Agricultural, Forestry and Agri-food FairThe Libramont Agriculture, Forestry and Agri-food Fair is the biggest annual open-air event of its kind in Europe. Mark the date: it takes place every year on the last weekend of July.
- © AlexanderJuly 2021RivièreFolklore and Tradition
Rivière Lock FairEvery last Sunday in July, the village of Rivière celebrates is lock fair. This event gathers thousands of visitors, very much looking forward to the large flea market along the Meuse river and the beautifully lit dancing ball in the evening...
- © G.Van den EndeAugust 2021Mussy-la-villeDemonstration
Cabu Festival (Mussy-la-Ville)The tradition, linked to market-gardens, dates back to the 19th century and celebrates... the local white cabbage or "cabu". The 57th edition will take place in Mussuy-la-Ville on the first weekend of August.
- © olleaugust / PixabayAugust 2021PiétrebaisDemonstration
Join the Scarecrow Festival in PiétrebaisA surprising an unexpected tradition: scarecrows will appear here and there in Piétrebais and nearby villages.
- © Office du Tourisme d'ArlonAugust 2021ArlonDemonstration
Veni Vidi Orolaunum | A Gallo Roman feast in ArlonReady to travel back in time? Then join this fantastic festival in Arlon to learn more about the Gallo Roman era.
- © Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainAugust 2021Comblain-au-pontDemonstration
A European Night dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-PontThe European Night dedicated to bats aims at presenting ways of protecting this fascinating animal in Wallonia. The event will take place in Comblain-au-Pont: bats have called the village's underground sites their home.
- © copyright WBTSeptember 2021Saint-hubertDemonstration
Le Week-end des Paysages: two days dedicated to the Ardenne stunning landscapesThis event offers a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Luxembourg and try its terroir products. Join the fun in September 2019.
- © copyright WBTSeptember 2021Around WalloniaDemonstration
Neighbours' Day in BelgiumLet's invite the neighbours for a drink... A fun and convivial idea to make new friends! The event will take place throughout Belgium on May 24, 2019.
- © LarO'zoirSeptember 2021AnvaingDemonstration
LArO'zoir | Frasnes-Lez-BuissenalThe Centre culturel du Pays des Collines will host LArO'zoir, a free annual event taking place at the former sugar refinery of Frasnes-lez-Buissenal and its basins. Kids friendly, it offers a wide range of activity and a cheerful atmosphere, perfect to relax and catch up with friends and family.
- © Jean-Vincent BironOctober 2021ViroinvalDemonstration
Viroin-Hermeton's Parc Naturel fairViroin-Hermeton hosts every year a cheerful fair in its Parc Naturel - join the fun the third weekend of October 2019!
- © Pixabay/Zoltan MatuskaOctober 2021HannutDemonstration
A 24 hours puzzle challenge in HannutTeams will compete for 24 hours, trying to solve as many puzzles as possible. This event takes place every last weekend of October in the covered market of Hannut.
- © PublicDomainPicture / PixabayOctober 2021Sankt VithDemonstration
Halloween in the underground gallery of a slate quarry | At the Ardoisière de RechtCome and explore the underground gallery of the Ardoisière de Recht for Halloween. Thrilling, memorable adventures await! You will get to indulge in the most wonderful magic potion at the end of the evening.
- © WBT - J. JeanmartNovember 2021MonsDemonstration
Mons autumn fairThis wonderful event stretches all over town. Fair rides, Ice Palace, rollercoaster... The usual funfair rides and stalls will be there. Laughs and fantastic memories await!