How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventures© Wildtrails - Frank DescampsJupille-sur-Ourthe
Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventuresFun, comfortable, stable, 100 ecological: quad bikes are all-terrain vehicles on four wheels accessible to all. Perfect for an outdoor adventure with friends, colleagues or family.
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolines© Ecopark AdventuresTournai
Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolinesLove adventure and reconnecting with nature? Ecopark Adventures Tournai, with its 2 separate parks, guarantees thrilling memories...