How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- The Villers Abbey's microbrewery© Erwin FurnièreVillers-la-Ville
The Villers Abbey's microbreweryIn the Villers Abbey's archive was found one of the monks' recipes for beer, dating back to the 18th century. This precious find inspired new recipes to its microbrewery.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventures© Wildtrails - Frank DescampsJupille-sur-Ourthe
Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventuresFun, comfortable, stable, 100 ecological: quad bikes are all-terrain vehicles on four wheels accessible to all. Perfect for an outdoor adventure with friends, colleagues or family.
- The Brasserie des Fagnes in Mariembourg© Brasserie des FagnesMariembourg
The Brasserie des Fagnes in MariembourgStep into the Brasserie des Fagnes de Mariembourg and discover the art of brewing the Super des Fagnes: the visit is free.
- An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait Gourmande© traits gourmande - L. DeprellePorcheresse
An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait GourmandeLove off-the-beaten-path experiences? This one is sure to seduce foodies: discover the Ardenne on board a carriage on which a gourmet table has been set...
- The Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le Roeulx© Brasserie St-FeuillienLe Roeulx
The Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le RoeulxWelcome to the Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le Roeulx, featuring more than a century of abbey beer tradition, a family passion and know how.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- The Island of Yvoir: a quiet oasis on the Meuse© Adrien NahonYvoir
The Island of Yvoir: a quiet oasis on the MeuseLooking for an adventure? Yvoir is the only island open to visitors between Namur and Dinant. There are many activities, sure to delight adults and children alike.
- Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolines© Ecopark AdventuresTournai
Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolinesLove adventure and reconnecting with nature? Ecopark Adventures Tournai, with its 2 separate parks, guarantees thrilling memories...
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- The Bergerie de la Lienne (Lierneux)© WBT - Caroline RaseLierneux
The Bergerie de la Lienne (Lierneux)La Bergerie de la Lienne is a small exploitation near Liège, with over 40 ewes. Jon et Nadia will be delighted to guide you through the sheep pen and dairy, share surprising anecdotes and prepare a tasting of their specialities.
- The Brasserie des Légendes© Brasserie des QuintineEllezelles
The Brasserie des LégendesDiscover the mysterious world of the Brasserie des Légendes in Ellezelles: 100% natural beers, from the field to the glass.
- The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueurs© Distillerie de BiercéeRagnies
The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueursVisit the Biercée distillery to learn some of its secrets - like how 10 kg of fresh fruit become a bottle of Eau de Villée...
- Kayak down the river with Semois Kayaks© Semois KayaksPoupehan
Kayak down the river with Semois KayaksEnjoy kayaking down the Semois with friends or family - the perfect way to take in the stunning landscapes of the valley and the Belgian Ardennes.
- The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)© Eric ChristiaensBasècles
The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)Spend an afternoon at the Brasserie des Carrières in the province of Hainaut to taste a delicious Diôle beer: lager, dark, amber or fruity. Fantastic!
- Brasserie de la Clochette in Etalle© Brasserie La Clochette - Frédéric DeharreÉtalle
Brasserie de la Clochette in EtalleThis young brewery invites you to discover its history and how its famous beer is brewed.
- The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)© Marjorie HaurezHaulchin
The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)Make sure to add the Agaises vineyard on your map when planning your road trip in Wallonia. This estate - the largest in Belgium - produces fantastic sparkling wines.
- Brasserie C | Beers, Brew Pub and terroir products in Liège© Michaël RADILiège
Brasserie C | Beers, Brew Pub and terroir products in LiègeIn the heart of Liège, at the feet of the Montagne de Bueren, awaits the Brasserie C, a brewery dedicated to the delights of the terroir of Wallonia and reg
- The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaterloo
The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm, in Waterloo, is home to a museum and a microbrewery. This historical location served as a surgical hospital for the British and Allied troops during the famous battle.
- Lake Gileppe Dam© Barrage du lac de la GileppeJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in Bastogne© Phil'Cuisine - Jérôme DejeuxBastogne
Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in BastognePhil’ Cuisine, at the heart of the Ardennes, is a family company dedicated to preparing delicious duck recipes, the artisan way: foie gras, rillettes, pâté made with Trappist Orval or Rochefort beer. These refined terroir products are sure to enchant you.
- Grain D'Orge brewery in Hombourg© Brasserie Grain d'OrgeHombourg
Grain D'Orge brewery in HombourgLocated in the village of Hombourg in the province of Liège, the Grain d'Orge brasserie specialises in exclusive beer.
- Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit Mons© Arthur HMons
Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit MonsDiscover Mons in a memorable way! Simply jump on a tricycle and choose your trail: cultural, romantic or foodie.