How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium-Muséum de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- The Grottes de Han estate© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Grottes de Han estateVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait Gourmande© traits gourmande - L. DeprellePorcheresse
An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait GourmandeLove off-the-beaten-path experiences? This one is sure to seduce foodies: discover the Ardenne on board a carriage on which a gourmet table has been set...
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of Stavelot© PAMStavelot
Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of StavelotThe former ponds of the Stavelot Abbey are now a peaceful nature reserve and a real paradise for fishermen...
- The Recht slate quarry© VoG Schieferstollen Recht - Xavier FerRecht
The Recht slate quarryIn this spectacular quarry, visitors can admire the impressively high rooms where the local Recht slate was mined. The 800 m long trail includes an observation bridge offering a memorable panorama on the site.
- The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in Graide© Josine NguyênBièvre
The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in GraideIn the Jardin des Hiboux, visitors can get closer to birds of prey, join demonstrations to see them unfold their wings and fly... There is much to discover about nature there, how honey is made for example. A perfect day out with the children.
- Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in Bastogne© Phil'Cuisine - Jérôme DejeuxBastogne
Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in BastognePhil’ Cuisine, at the heart of the Ardennes, is a family company dedicated to preparing delicious duck recipes, the artisan way: foie gras, rillettes, pâté made with Trappist Orval or Rochefort beer. These refined terroir products are sure to enchant you.
- Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit Mons© Arthur HMons
Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit MonsDiscover Mons in a memorable way! Simply jump on a tricycle and choose your trail: cultural, romantic or foodie.
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- The Reine Fabiola amusement park© WBT JP Remy MélinNamur
The Reine Fabiola amusement parkAt the top of the city of Namur, in a protected green area, the Reine Fabiola amusement park guarantees a full day of entertainment.