How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait Gourmande© traits gourmande - L. DeprellePorcheresse
An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait GourmandeLove off-the-beaten-path experiences? This one is sure to seduce foodies: discover the Ardenne on board a carriage on which a gourmet table has been set...
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le Roeulx© Brasserie St-FeuillienLe Roeulx
The Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le RoeulxWelcome to the Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le Roeulx, featuring more than a century of abbey beer tradition, a family passion and know how.
- The Villers Abbey's microbrewery© Erwin FurnièreVillers-la-Ville
The Villers Abbey's microbreweryIn the Villers Abbey's archive was found one of the monks' recipes for beer, dating back to the 18th century. This precious find inspired new recipes to its microbrewery.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium Muséum Universitaire de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- The Brasserie des Fagnes in Mariembourg© Brasserie des FagnesMariembourg
The Brasserie des Fagnes in MariembourgStep into the Brasserie des Fagnes de Mariembourg and discover the art of brewing the Super des Fagnes: the visit is free.
- The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueurs© Distillerie de BiercéeRagnies
The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueursVisit the Biercée distillery to learn some of its secrets - like how 10 kg of fresh fruit become a bottle of Eau de Villée...
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)© Eric ChristiaensBasècles
The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)Spend an afternoon at the Brasserie des Carrières in the province of Hainaut to taste a delicious Diôle beer: lager, dark, amber or fruity. Fantastic!
- The Brasserie des Légendes© Brasserie des QuintineEllezelles
The Brasserie des LégendesDiscover the mysterious world of the Brasserie des Légendes in Ellezelles: 100% natural beers, from the field to the glass.
- The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaterloo
The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm, in Waterloo, is home to a museum and a microbrewery. This historical location served as a surgical hospital for the British and Allied troops during the famous battle.
- Grain D'Orge brewery in Hombourg© Brasserie Grain d'OrgeHombourg
Grain D'Orge brewery in HombourgLocated in the village of Hombourg in the province of Liège, the Grain d'Orge brasserie specialises in exclusive beer.
- Brasserie C | Beers, Brew Pub and terroir products in Liège© Michaël RADILiège
Brasserie C | Beers, Brew Pub and terroir products in LiègeIn the heart of Liège, at the feet of the Montagne de Bueren, awaits the Brasserie C, a brewery dedicated to the delights of the terroir of Wallonia and reg
- Brasserie de la Clochette in Etalle© Brasserie La Clochette - Frédéric DeharreÉtalle
Brasserie de la Clochette in EtalleThis young brewery invites you to discover its history and how its famous beer is brewed.
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- The Bergerie de la Lienne (Lierneux)© WBT - Caroline RaseLierneux
The Bergerie de la Lienne (Lierneux)La Bergerie de la Lienne is a small exploitation near Liège, with over 40 ewes. Jon et Nadia will be delighted to guide you through the sheep pen and dairy, share surprising anecdotes and prepare a tasting of their specialities.
- Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit Mons© Arthur HMons
Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit MonsDiscover Mons in a memorable way! Simply jump on a tricycle and choose your trail: cultural, romantic or foodie.
- Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in Bastogne© Phil'Cuisine - Jérôme DejeuxBastogne
Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in BastognePhil’ Cuisine, at the heart of the Ardennes, is a family company dedicated to preparing delicious duck recipes, the artisan way: foie gras, rillettes, pâté made with Trappist Orval or Rochefort beer. These refined terroir products are sure to enchant you.
- The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)© Marjorie HaurezHaulchin
The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)Make sure to add the Agaises vineyard on your map when planning your road trip in Wallonia. This estate - the largest in Belgium - produces fantastic sparkling wines.
- The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in Graide© Josine NguyênBièvre
The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in GraideIn the Jardin des Hiboux, visitors can get closer to birds of prey, join demonstrations to see them unfold their wings and fly... There is much to discover about nature there, how honey is made for example. A perfect day out with the children.
- The Recht slate quarry© VoG Schieferstollen Recht - Xavier FerRecht
The Recht slate quarryIn this spectacular quarry, visitors can admire the impressively high rooms where the local Recht slate was mined. The 800 m long trail includes an observation bridge offering a memorable panorama on the site.
- Bouillon's zoological park© WBT- Pierre PauquayBouillon
Bouillon's zoological parkThis zoological park in Bouillon (Belgian Luxembourg) features no less than 90 different species, which visitors can admire along a 2 km trail.