How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and Crafts© La SpiraleNatoye
La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and CraftsThis unique art centre presents all along the year, the work of 30 local artists and artisans working wood, metal clay, stone... as well as exhibitions on a wide variety of themes.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in Cuesmes© Jean-François BerhinCuesmes
Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in CuesmesLocated near Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
- The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of Waterloo© Brabant wallonVieux-Genappe
The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of WaterlooThe museum retraces, though a clever scenography, the night spent here by Napoleon, just before the Battle of Waterloo. The scenography recreates the atmosphere of the Emperor's headquarters through a clever setting and a selection of objects dating back to 1815.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-Neuve© AtelierChristian dePortzamparc–Hergé-MoulinsartOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-NeuveThe Hergé Museum, dedicated to Georges Remi, who created Tintin, is an absolute must stop for all comic book lovers.
- Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countryside© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countrysideHan 1900 is a museum space dedicated to life in the countryside in the beginning of the 20th century. Nestled in the village of Han-sur-Lesse, in the province of Namur, it offers a wonderful insight of what the life of farmers in Wallonia used to be like.
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- Spitfire Memorial Museum© Musée SpitfireFlorennes
Spitfire Memorial MuseumLocated in the aerodrome buildings, the museum displays a 1944 MK XIV Spitfire as well as various aircraft that have figured prominently in the Belgian Air force. The museum also covers the history of the aerodrome and the squadrons that were based there.
- Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centre© TemporaBastogne
Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centreThis cultural centre, dedicated to the second world war, offers an incredible immersion into the Battle of the Bulge. 4 characters, civilians and soldiers, guide the visitors through the galleries, sharing their story as they go along. An interactive, modern presentation sure to wow children and adults alike.
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The Centre for Engravings and Prints in La Louvière© Nalini Malani – photo Maria SalamoneLa Louvière
The Centre for Engravings and Prints in La LouvièreThe Centre for Engravings and Prints is a place for encounters, creation and research, dedicated solely to contemporary prints...
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© JP BougnetOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-Vil© Pauline LinardFosses-La-Ville
ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-VilReGare, the interpretation centre dedicated to local and regional heritage, unveils all about the folk festivals of Fosses-la-Ville!
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center: a museum dedicated to the Battle of the Bulge© Fondation Baugnez 44Malmedy
Baugnez 44 Historical Center: a museum dedicated to the Battle of the BulgeThe Baugnez 44 Historical Center is considered one of the most beautiful of the Battle of the Bulge museums.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium Muséum Universitaire de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)© Centre d'interprétation d’ArtVresse-sur-Semois
Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)Located in the village of Vresse-sur-Sémois (Ardenne), the Centre d’Interprétation d’Art de l’École de Vresse features 200 artworks.
- The Centre Ardenne observatory in Grapfontaine© Observatoire Centre ArdenneGrapfontaine
The Centre Ardenne observatory in GrapfontaineThe Centre Ardenne observatory, in Neufchâteau, opens its doors to everyone: those discovering stars and the universe as well as professionals wishing to analyse space a little further.
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in Graide© Josine NguyênBièvre
The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in GraideIn the Jardin des Hiboux, visitors can get closer to birds of prey, join demonstrations to see them unfold their wings and fly... There is much to discover about nature there, how honey is made for example. A perfect day out with the children.
- The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museums© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museumsThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- The Recht slate quarry© VoG Schieferstollen Recht - Xavier FerRecht
The Recht slate quarryIn this spectacular quarry, visitors can admire the impressively high rooms where the local Recht slate was mined. The 800 m long trail includes an observation bridge offering a memorable panorama on the site.
- Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centre© Bastogne BarracksBastogne
Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centreThe former US headquarters set up by legendary General McAuliffe in December 1944 is now a WW2 interpretation centre.
- The MiLL - la Louvière's Ianchelevici Museum© Nathalie HupinLa Louvière
The MiLL - la Louvière's Ianchelevici MuseumLe Mill manages the town of La Louvière's art collection, with over a thousand pieces either on show or archived. Amongst this rich cultural heritage, visitors can discover sculptures and drawings by Romanian artist Idel Ianchelevici's sculptures and drawings.