How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- Page 1
- Spitfire Memorial Museum© Musée SpitfireFlorennes
Spitfire Memorial MuseumLocated in the aerodrome buildings, the museum displays a 1944 MK XIV Spitfire as well as various aircraft that have figured prominently in the Belgian Air force. The museum also covers the history of the aerodrome and the squadrons that were based there.
- The Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey© FTPN - C. GenardSaint-Gérard
The Saint-Gérard de Brogne AbbeyThe Brogne Abbey, a mere 20 km from Namur and Charleroi, was founded in the early 10th century. This stunning building has now been converted into a hotel, complete with a restaurant, an exhibition space and a centre promoting Belgian viticulture.
- Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countryside© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countrysideHan 1900 is a museum space dedicated to life in the countryside in the beginning of the 20th century. Nestled in the village of Han-sur-Lesse, in the province of Namur, it offers a wonderful insight of what the life of farmers in Wallonia used to be like.
- Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and Crafts© La SpiraleNatoye
Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and CraftsThis unique art centre presents all along the year, the work of 30 local artists and artisans working wood, metal clay, stone... as well as exhibitions on a wide variety of themes.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in Cuesmes© Jean-François BerhinCuesmes
Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in CuesmesLocated near Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of Waterloo© Brabant wallonVieux-Genappe
The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of WaterlooThe museum retraces, though a clever scenography, the night spent here by Napoleon, just before the Battle of Waterloo. The scenography recreates the atmosphere of the Emperor's headquarters through a clever setting and a selection of objects dating back to 1815.
- Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-Neuve© AtelierChristian dePortzamparc–Hergé-MoulinsartOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-NeuveThe Hergé Museum, dedicated to Georges Remi, who created Tintin, is an absolute must stop for all comic book lovers.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in Wallonia© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in WalloniaThe Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and lives of Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centre© TemporaBastogne
Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centreThis cultural centre, dedicated to the second world war, offers an incredible immersion into the Battle of the Bulge. 4 characters, civilians and soldiers, guide the visitors through the galleries, sharing their story as they go along. An interactive, modern presentation sure to wow children and adults alike.
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art. Mak
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventures© Wildtrails - Frank DescampsJupille-sur-Ourthe
Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventuresFun, comfortable, stable, 100 ecological: quad bikes are all-terrain vehicles on four wheels accessible to all. Perfect for an outdoor adventure with friends, colleagues or family.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- The Musée de la Vie Rurale: a museum dedicated to yesteryear and traditions in Huissignies© WBT - Olivier LegardienHuissignies (Chièvres)
The Musée de la Vie Rurale: a museum dedicated to yesteryear and traditions in HuissigniesIn this museum, located in the province of Hainaut, time seems to have stopped.
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in Liège© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in LiègeThe Grand Curtius celebrates the link between object and society. Built between the 17th and 21st century, fully renovated, it offers a fascinating visit to all those wishing to learn more about Liège's history. This museum organises many exhibitions throughout the year.
- The Centre for Engravings and Prints in La Louvière© Nalini Malani – photo Maria SalamoneLa Louvière
The Centre for Engravings and Prints in La LouvièreThe Centre for Engravings and Prints is a place for encounters, creation and research, dedicated solely to contemporary prints...
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© JP BougnetOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemart© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNivelles
The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemartThe jacquemart (an animated mechanised figure which strikes the hours on a bell with a hammer) of the Sainte-Gertrude collegiate church in Nivelle is one of 3 in Wallonia.
- The Musée de la Boverie: fine arts and exhibitions in Liège© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLiège
The Musée de la Boverie: fine arts and exhibitions in LiègeVisit La Boverie, an iconic cultural site in Liège: both an art museum and an international exhibition space.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in Mons© Fondation Losseau - photo WBT - J.P. RemyMons
Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in MonsPassing through Mons? Be sure to visit the Maison Losseau, a jewel of Art Nouveau architecture located in the heart of the Doudou's city.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstage© ArtothèqueMons
The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstageThe Arthothèque reveals the hidden life of no less than 50,000 artworks, their renovations, the way they are stored and protected when not on show to the public.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du Cazier© WBT - J.P. RemyCharleroi
Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du CazierThe Musée de l'Industrie, in the Bois du Cazier, South of Charleroi, takes you back to the industrial revolution era.
- The Glass Museum at the Bois du Cazier© Ville de CharleroiMarcinelle
The Glass Museum at the Bois du CazierThe Glass Museum, at the Bois du Cazier in Marcinelle, retraces five thousand years of art, history and technology.
- ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-Vil© Pauline LinardFosses-La-Ville
ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-VilReGare, the interpretation centre dedicated to local and regional heritage, unveils all about the folk festivals of Fosses-la-Ville!
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium Muséum Universitaire de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- Page 1