How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- Page 2
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remains© IPWLiège
Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remainsLiège's Archaeoforum is an exceptional archaeological site located in the city centre, right under the Place Saint-Lambert.
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center: a museum dedicated to the Battle of the Bulge© Fondation Baugnez 44Malmedy
Baugnez 44 Historical Center: a museum dedicated to the Battle of the BulgeThe Baugnez 44 Historical Center is considered one of the most beautiful of the Battle of the Bulge museums.
- Water and Fountain Museum | Ottignies© Musée de l'Eau et de la FontaineOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Water and Fountain Museum | OttigniesThe Water and Fountain museum, in the Domaine provincial du Bois des Rêves (Ottignies), offers a fantastic outdoor experience. Following your guide, you will learn about the local legends inspired by ponds, rivers, lakes... and much more.
- The Saint-Loup church in Namur© © WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Saint-Loup church in NamurDiscover the Baroque Saint-Loup church and its Jesuit college, right in the centre of Namur.
- Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)© Centre d'interprétation d’ArtVresse-sur-Semois
Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)Located in the village of Vresse-sur-Sémois (Ardenne), the Centre d’Interprétation d’Art de l’École de Vresse features 200 artworks.
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking Museum© Steve CollinHarzé
Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking MuseumThe Milling and Bakery Museum will take you through the extraordinary adventure of harvesting grain, processing flour with old mills and bread making.
- The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)© Abbaye du Val-DieuAubel
The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)The Cistercian abbey of Val Dieu is a major site for pilgrimage and traditional Belgian beers in Belgium.
- Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur church | Liège© Eglise Saint-Jacques-le-MineurLiège
Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur church | LiègeThe Benedictine Saint-Jacques abbey was founded in 1015.
- The Brasserie de SillySilly
The Brasserie de SillyThe Brasserie de Silly is located at the centre of the Ath, Enghien and Soignies triangle. 6 generations have worked there: it's all part of the family DNA!
- The collegiate church of Saint-Barthélemy and its baptismal fonts© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The collegiate church of Saint-Barthélemy and its baptismal fontsPlanning a city break in Liège? Take the time to visit the oldest building in the Fiery City, the Saint-Bartholomy collegiate church. This 12th-century building, at the very heart of the town centre and a few minutes' walk from the Meuse river, opens its doors to visitors on request.
- The Fort de Loncin, a unique memorial of the Great War in LiègeLoncin
The Fort de Loncin, a unique memorial of the Great War in LiègeThe Fort de Loncin is an exceptional memorial site. Located just a few kilometres from the town centre, it became the symbol of the Battle of Liège when facing the German troops in 1914. Partly destroyed during the first world war, it remains preserved as such.
- The Musée gaumais in Virton© M.LaurentVirton
The Musée gaumais in VirtonThis exceptional museum in the province of Luxembourg presents archeology, art, civil and religious ethnography, industrial and popular art, folklore legends, regional furniture and traditions, all linked to the Gaume region.
- The Musée de la Gourmandise and Postal Museum at the Ferme Castrale© FTPL - P. FagnoulHermalle-sous-Huy
The Musée de la Gourmandise and Postal Museum at the Ferme CastraleLa Ferme Castrale invites you to discover its 3 cultural spaces: the Musée de la Gourmandise, the Musée des Postes restantes and its library.
- L'Eaudyssée: Spa's mineral water visitor centre© Eaudyssée de SpaSpa
L'Eaudyssée: Spa's mineral water visitor centreBefore being bottled, Spa's natural mineral water enjoys a fantastic underground journey. Eaudissey presents this fascinating adventure.
- Arlon's Archaeological Museum© FTLB - P. WillemsArlon
Arlon's Archaeological MuseumThis Archaeological Museum features a Gallo Roman section made quite unique by its Galleria Lapidaria. Add 425 sculpture from funerary monuments and civilian buildings: quite a fascinating journey through time...
- The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museums© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museumsThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- Cristal Discovery at the Château du Val Saint Lambert (Seraing)© Cristal DiscoverySeraing
Cristal Discovery at the Château du Val Saint Lambert (Seraing)Come and discover the secular history of the Val Saint Lambert site, as well as the glass work techniques used in the old Cistercian abbey.
- The Recht slate quarry© VoG Schieferstollen Recht - Xavier FerRecht
The Recht slate quarryIn this spectacular quarry, visitors can admire the impressively high rooms where the local Recht slate was mined. The 800 m long trail includes an observation bridge offering a memorable panorama on the site.
- The Man of Spy's educational space | Province of Namur© AWPA - Olivier LereylacOnoz
The Man of Spy's educational space | Province of NamurCome and see the Man of Spy's educational space to learn how scientists were able to recreate this really realist version of Spyrou, as he is named.
- Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centre© Bastogne BarracksBastogne
Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centreThe former US headquarters set up by legendary General McAuliffe in December 1944 is now a WW2 interpretation centre.
- The Maison de l'Imprimerie or Print museum in Thuin© Musée de l'Imprimerie - DLThuin
The Maison de l'Imprimerie or Print museum in ThuinThe Maison de l'ImpThe Maison de l'Imprimerie, an active technical museum dedicated to the paper trades, is home to a large collection of printing equipment. Come and learn more about this fasrimerie, a technical museum in activity dedicated to the paper trades, houses an important collection of printing equipment ....
- Maison de la Métallurgie et de l'Industrie de Liège© MMILLiège
Maison de la Métallurgie et de l'Industrie de LiègeDiscover the Belgian metallurgy and industrial cultural heritage in a former factory, the Maison de la Métallurgie et de l'Industrie in Liège.
- The MiLL - la Louvière's Ianchelevici Museum© Nathalie HupinLa Louvière
The MiLL - la Louvière's Ianchelevici MuseumLe Mill manages the town of La Louvière's art collection, with over a thousand pieces either on show or archived. Amongst this rich cultural heritage, visitors can discover sculptures and drawings by Romanian artist Idel Ianchelevici's sculptures and drawings.
- The Félicien Rops Museum in Namur© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Félicien Rops Museum in NamurThis exceptional museum, at the heart of the historical quarters of Namur, dedicates its collections to Félicien Rops, a famous Belgian artist from the 19th century.
- Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies Treasure© G FocantNamur
Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies TreasureLocated in a listed 18th century patrician hotel, the museum displays works of art from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance from the Namur region.
- Page 2