How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemart© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNivelles
The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemartThe jacquemart (an animated mechanised figure which strikes the hours on a bell with a hammer) of the Sainte-Gertrude collegiate church in Nivelle is one of 3 in Wallonia.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- The Saint-Loup church in Namur© © WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Saint-Loup church in NamurDiscover the Baroque Saint-Loup church and its Jesuit college, right in the centre of Namur.
- Cycling Itinerary from Liege to Esneux on the RAVeL© WBT - Pascale BeroujonLiège
Cycling Itinerary from Liege to Esneux on the RAVeLThis cycling itinerary starts at the Gare des Guillemins de Liège, a stunning building designed by Santiago Calatrava. The trail will then take you to the charming Ourthe valley. On the program: nature and fresh air!
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur church | Liège© Eglise Saint-Jacques-le-MineurLiège
Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur church | LiègeThe Benedictine Saint-Jacques abbey was founded in 1015.
- The collegiate church of Saint-Barthélemy and its baptismal fonts© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The collegiate church of Saint-Barthélemy and its baptismal fontsPlanning a city break in Liège? Take the time to visit the oldest building in the Fiery City, the Saint-Bartholomy collegiate church. This 12th-century building, at the very heart of the town centre and a few minutes' walk from the Meuse river, opens its doors to visitors on request.
- The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)© Abbaye du Val-DieuAubel
The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)The Cistercian abbey of Val Dieu is a major site for pilgrimage and traditional Belgian beers in Belgium.
- The Recht slate quarry© VoG Schieferstollen Recht - Xavier FerRecht
The Recht slate quarryIn this spectacular quarry, visitors can admire the impressively high rooms where the local Recht slate was mined. The 800 m long trail includes an observation bridge offering a memorable panorama on the site.