How about a picturesque stroll in your wheelchair or joëlette? A guided tour focusing on senses? A chat with a terroir producer on his farm? Come along: there are over a hundred activities and attractions accessible to travellers with specific needs in Wallonia.
There are two types of offers, both adapted to your needs, to help you choose:
- Access-i: activities and attractions certified by the Access-I non-profit association
- PBS (auto declared) accessibility: accessible (but not certified) activities and attractions
Activities and attractions certified by Access-i
This official certification makes it easy to know how easily a museum, brewery, trail is in Wallonia. From there, the only thing left to do is choose the one that makes you happiest: tasting beer and cheese in Chimay, enjoying a journey through time in the Villers-la-Ville Abbey, exploring the Musée de la Boverie in Liège or reconnecting with nature at the Parc Chlorophylle.
Click here to discover our selection of activities certified by Access-i.
Auto declared activities and attractions
Many sites and attractions, although not certified yet, do have some equipment to help visitors with reduced mobility (lifts, ramps, toilets adapted for wheelchair users…). Others make sure they do not have to pay an entry fee or organise bespoke animations for those blind or visually impaired or needing specific attention.
These initiatives, non-certified, are in that case auto declared by the site or operator. Please contact them directly to get more details on how easily accessible of the location or event is.
There is much fun to be had: a stroll on a rail car in the Molignée valley, a guided tour in sign language at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve…
Happy memories guaranteed!
Type d'attraction et d'activité
PBS certified (official label)
Non PBS certified
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in Bastogne© Phil'Cuisine - Jérôme DejeuxBastogne
Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in BastognePhil’ Cuisine, at the heart of the Ardennes, is a family company dedicated to preparing delicious duck recipes, the artisan way: foie gras, rillettes, pâté made with Trappist Orval or Rochefort beer. These refined terroir products are sure to enchant you.
- The Bergerie de la Lienne (Lierneux)© WBT - Caroline RaseLierneux
The Bergerie de la Lienne (Lierneux)La Bergerie de la Lienne is a small exploitation near Liège, with over 40 ewes. Jon et Nadia will be delighted to guide you through the sheep pen and dairy, share surprising anecdotes and prepare a tasting of their specialities.
- Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'Eole© Domaine du Chant d'EoleQuévy-le-Grand
Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'EoleDomaine du Chant d'Eole is a Walloon vineyard in Quévy-le-Grand, a charming village in the countryside of Mons.
- The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaterloo
The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm, in Waterloo, is home to a museum and a microbrewery. This historical location served as a surgical hospital for the British and Allied troops during the famous battle.
- The Brasserie de Bertinchamps in Gembloux: traditionally made farm beers© Brasserie de BertinchampsGembloux
The Brasserie de Bertinchamps in Gembloux: traditionally made farm beersAlso called Brasserie de la Ferme, the Brasserie de Bertinchamps produces 3 terroir beers, already very successful in the region.
- The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueurs© Distillerie de BiercéeRagnies
The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueursVisit the Biercée distillery to learn some of its secrets - like how 10 kg of fresh fruit become a bottle of Eau de Villée...