- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
- Sport and relaxation
- Walking or hiking
Withing easy reach of the town centre of Marche-en Famenne, the Fond des Vaulx valley offers wild landscapes: quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain.
Fauna, Flora and legends
- Stretching over 15 hectares, the Fond des Vaulx valley is part of a limestone fringe called Calestienne, modelled millions of years ago by the acidic water of the Ardenne massif, south from there.
- Legends add to the mysterious atmosphere of the area...
- A real paradise for nature lovers!
There are three paths to explore the area (from 2.2 to 4.5 km):
- Caves such as the Grotte de la Ducasse, the Trou du Renard...
- The Trotti-aux-Fosses sinkhole, listed an underground site of scientific interest in Belgium
- Small depressions and rocks
The ASBL Fond des Vaulx organises guided tours on request.
The site and the Herbert trail are perfect for hikes, mountain biking, speleology or rock climbing.
- Place de l'Etang 156900 Marche-en-FamennePhone number +32 84 34 53 27
Guide available/individuals - FR - NL