- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
The Aiguilles de Chaleux is a limestone rock mass, which colour goes from pearl to dark grey, even going to black at times. This remarkable site is known for its beauty but also its archaeological, geological and botanical value. It has been declared Exceptional heritage of Wallonia.
Considered one of the most beautiful cliffs in Belgium, this outcrop standing beautifully in the water of the iconic Lesse river delights rock climbers. Please note that the part called "La Chandelle" ("The Candle") is considered too dangerous and is closed to this sport.
In the area:
- Celles, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia (11 km)
- The Vêves castle in Celles (10 km)
- Rent a kayak to go down the Lesse (18 km)
- Enjoy the RAVeL Houyet-Rochefort (18 km)
- Dinant (18 km)