From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Attraction & type of activity
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- The Keramis Ceramic Centre© KeramisLa Louvière
The Keramis Ceramic CentreDiscover the new Centre Keramis de la Louvière. A museum dedicated to ceramics and earthenware installed on the site of the factory Royal Boch ....
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies© Archéosite AubechiesAubechies
Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'AubechiesThe Archeosite and Museum of Aubechies, dedicated to the era separating Pre-history from Roman times, is the largest archaeological open-air museum in Belgium.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum© MT Waterloo - Jean-Philippe Van DammeBraine-l'Alleud
Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museumThe Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.