From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Hitler's Bunker in Bruly-de-Pesche© bunkerhitler.beBrûly-de-Pesche
Hitler's Bunker in Bruly-de-PescheA completely renovated remembrance site, only a stone's throw from the French border, where Adolf Hitler stayed during the Second World War.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- The Fire Trail | 6 iconic locations near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantSaint-Nicolas
The Fire Trail | 6 iconic locations near LiègeThe Fire Trail is a route presenting Wallonia’s industrial and technical heritage in 6 iconic locations near Liège. A full journey through time, from when our prehistoric ancestors discovered fire, its role during the Industrial Revolution and its place in art.
- ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)ÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bells© Tellin-Fonderie ASBLTellin
The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bellsThe Tellin foundry was the very last one in Belgium to make bells. Guided tours of the site, listed as industrial cultural heritage, present the lost wax technique used at the time, the bridge crane and the reverberatory furnace.
- ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragrance© ÔÔ ParfumsPhilippeville
ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragranceÔÔ Parfums, based in the province of Namur, invites to discover the world of master perfumers. Visitors joining the workshop will learn to make a unique fragrance reflecting their personality. Quite an exclusive experience!
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayThieu
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by text© GemotionsAround Wallonia
Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by textGemotions crates modern scavenger hunts. All you need is a mobile phone: riddles and challenges will be sent by text, a fun way to discover a city, a secret gem, a park, a museum... You can also create your own trail on their website.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemart© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNivelles
The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemartThe jacquemart (an animated mechanised figure which strikes the hours on a bell with a hammer) of the Sainte-Gertrude collegiate church in Nivelle is one of 3 in Wallonia.
- Kayak down the Ourthe with Adventure Valley Durbuy© La Petite MerveilleDurbuy
Kayak down the Ourthe with Adventure Valley DurbuyA memorable day in the world's smallest town whether on your own, with friends of family: travel down the Ourthe on a mono or double kayak.
- Mons Belfry: a fascinating monument© Visitmons - Gregory MathelotMons
Mons Belfry: a fascinating monumentDiscover the full beauty of Belgium's only baroque belfry by taking its panoramic lift and enjoying the view over the city.
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to life© pataphonie.be - Al. CharifDinant
La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to lifeSounds and texture meet in La Maison de la Pataphonie. Here, daily objects turn into musical instruments thus allowing visitors to become artists and compose their very own symphony...
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forest© O. LegardienBon-Secours
Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forestWelcome to the Escale forestière... Now take off your shoes and enjoy this incredible path through the forest, meant to be walked on bare foot.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in hand© city-golf.beTournai
City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in handLove visits with a twist? Try City Golf in Tournai: a fantastic way to see the town's cultural icons while having fun...
- An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait Gourmande© L. DeprelleDaverdisse
An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait GourmandeLove off-the-beaten-path experiences? This one is sure to seduce foodies: discover the Ardenne on board a carriage on which a gourmet table has been set...
- Profondeville river crossing by rowing boat© Tourisme-ProfondevilleProfondeville
Profondeville river crossing by rowing boatThis is the only river crossing in Belgium done by rowing boat. Workers going to the Lustin Quarries used this means on transport every day at the time. The boatman's house is still there: it now hosts an art gallery.
- The Verviers cemetery is home to the impressive mausoleum of the Vervier family© Patrick Outers Black Box PhotoVerviers
The Verviers cemetery is home to the impressive mausoleum of the Vervier familyOne of the largest mausoleums in Belgium can be seen at the Verviers cemetery. The Biolley family, famous in the local wool industry, proved quite powerful in the city, over several generations.
- The Hermitage and its fascinating way of the cross© V.GillardinSaint-Léger
The Hermitage and its fascinating way of the crossThe former Wachet hermitage, now known as the Notre-Dame du Refuge chapel, was first been mentioned on written documents in 1559. It takes its name from the little stream by its side.
- Saxophones, painted the colours of Europe, can be found all around Dinant© dinant-tourisme.be
Saxophones, painted the colours of Europe, can be found all around DinantExplore Dinant by following a surprising trail featuring 60 giant saxophones, decorated by countries of the European Union, through the city. Visitors are encouraged to share pictures or even selfies of their favourite ones.
- The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gems© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaha
The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gemsThe Saint-Etienne church, one of the oldest in Belgium, is the only one to have kept its dedicatory stone, commemorating its consecration in 1050. Its stained windows were the very last work of artist Jean-Michel Folon.
- Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in Mageroy© MTHSFA MC MarchalHabay
Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in MageroyMageroy is one of the very rare archaeological sites to remain open to the public throughout the year while excavations are still taking place. Even better, visitors can join scientists and help with the digs.
- Le Safran de Patr'Ann, an exquisitely fragrant visit© Safran de Patr'ann Patrick RolainProfondeville
Le Safran de Patr'Ann, an exquisitely fragrant visitLe Safran de Patr’Ann is a safranière, a saffron farm. Come to Profondeville in the province of Namur to meet the owners and take a guided tour.
- The fascinating marian estate of Sugny is often called the Lourdes of the Ardenne© Sumundu - PixabayVresse-sur-Semois
The fascinating marian estate of Sugny is often called the Lourdes of the ArdenneThe Marian estate of Sugny was created in 1911 by the locals, nestled beautifully in the green setting of a park. Considered an open-air museum, it was nicknamed the Ardenne Lourde, probably due to its faithful reproduction of the Notre Dame de Lourdes grotto, star piece of the site.
- The Saint-Hubert basilica, an architectural masterpiece, opens its attic to visitors© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteSaint-Hubert
The Saint-Hubert basilica, an architectural masterpiece, opens its attic to visitorsThe Saint-Hubert basilica, listed as exceptional cultural heritage of Wallonia, is one of the most impressive in Europe.
- The Bonhomme de Fer au Bois in Braine-le-Comte: an historical geodetic monument© M.NasserBraine-le-Comte
The Bonhomme de Fer au Bois in Braine-le-Comte: an historical geodetic monumentThis 30-metre-high tower was used by our ancestors with a network of 85 culminating points (including the Lion's Mound in Waterloo, the belfry in Mons...) to define in the 19th century, a map of Belgium using the triangulation system.
- The strangest rolling stone in Court Saint-Etienne© Ph.DegeyeCourt-St.-Étienne
The strangest rolling stone in Court Saint-EtienneA rather strange flat stone lies there, in the hollow of a path. It would be a rather normal sight if that rock did not weigh... 4 tons! Many legends explain the phenomena. The most famous one explains that when the bells of the church in Court strike midnight, the stone rotates on its own axel...
- Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit Mons© Arthur HMons
Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit MonsDiscover Mons in a memorable way! Simply jump on a tricycle and choose your trail: cultural, romantic or foodie.
- Braine-le-Château's Lapidurium, a unique and fascinating site© RSI - Jacques PIRSONBraine-le-Château
Braine-le-Château's Lapidurium, a unique and fascinating siteThis unique site in Wallonia, dedicated to memory set in stone, features 66 tombstones, funerary slabs and crosses.
- Page 1