From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)ÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragrance© ÔÔ ParfumsPhilippeville
ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragranceÔÔ Parfums, based in the province of Namur, invites to discover the world of master perfumers. Visitors joining the workshop will learn to make a unique fragrance reflecting their personality. Quite an exclusive experience!
- Spa Raconté | Historical storytelling in the city of Spa© WBT - David SamynSpa
Spa Raconté | Historical storytelling in the city of SpaThe tourist office of Spa invites you a special tour guided by Gaëtan Bobelin, an aristocrat in 18th century period costume. This storyteller is passionate about local history.
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in hand© city-golf.beTournai
City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in handLove visits with a twist? Try City Golf in Tournai: a fantastic way to see the town's cultural icons while having fun...
- Profondeville river crossing by rowing boat© Tourisme-ProfondevilleProfondeville
Profondeville river crossing by rowing boatThis is the only river crossing in Belgium done by rowing boat. Workers going to the Lustin Quarries used this means on transport every day at the time. The boatman's house is still there: it now hosts an art gallery.
- The Verviers cemetery is home to the impressive mausoleum of the Vervier family© Patrick Outers Black Box PhotoVerviers
The Verviers cemetery is home to the impressive mausoleum of the Vervier familyOne of the largest mausoleums in Belgium can be seen at the Verviers cemetery. The Biolley family, famous in the local wool industry, proved quite powerful in the city, over several generations.
- Saxophones, painted the colours of Europe, can be found all around Dinant© dinant-tourisme.be
Saxophones, painted the colours of Europe, can be found all around DinantExplore Dinant by following a surprising trail featuring 60 giant saxophones, decorated by countries of the European Union, through the city. Visitors are encouraged to share pictures or even selfies of their favourite ones.
- Le Safran de Patr'Ann, an exquisitely fragrant visit© Safran de Patr'ann Patrick RolainProfondeville
Le Safran de Patr'Ann, an exquisitely fragrant visitLe Safran de Patr’Ann is a safranière, a saffron farm. Come to Profondeville in the province of Namur to meet the owners and take a guided tour.
- The Bonhomme de Fer au Bois in Braine-le-Comte: an historical geodetic monument© M.NasserBraine-le-Comte
The Bonhomme de Fer au Bois in Braine-le-Comte: an historical geodetic monumentThis 30-metre-high tower was used by our ancestors with a network of 85 culminating points (including the Lion's Mound in Waterloo, the belfry in Mons...) to define in the 19th century, a map of Belgium using the triangulation system.
- The strangest rolling stone in Court Saint-Etienne© Ph.DegeyeCourt-St.-Étienne
The strangest rolling stone in Court Saint-EtienneA rather strange flat stone lies there, in the hollow of a path. It would be a rather normal sight if that rock did not weigh... 4 tons! Many legends explain the phenomena. The most famous one explains that when the bells of the church in Court strike midnight, the stone rotates on its own axel...
- Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit Mons© Arthur HMons
Triobalade: take a tricycle to visit MonsDiscover Mons in a memorable way! Simply jump on a tricycle and choose your trail: cultural, romantic or foodie.
- Braine-le-Château's Lapidurium, a unique and fascinating site© RSI - Jacques PIRSONBraine-le-Château
Braine-le-Château's Lapidurium, a unique and fascinating siteThis unique site in Wallonia, dedicated to memory set in stone, features 66 tombstones, funerary slabs and crosses.
- Off the beaten paths tours of Tournai© WBT - J.P. RemyTournai
Off the beaten paths tours of TournaiTournai is one of the cities in Belgium with the richest historical past. These off the beaten tours will reveal a wealth of (fun, intriguing, surprising) anecdotes...
- Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900© Projet - NOWWaulsort
Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900The Villa 1900 is much more than a museum: this stunning building and its exquisite interior seems straight of La Belle Epoque.
- Pipaix' steam powered brewery© WBT Bernard BoccaraPipaix
Pipaix' steam powered breweryTake a journey to the 19th century by visiting the last steam powered brewery in the world at Leuze-en-Hainaut, in the region of Tournai.
- Guy Delforge's perfume workshop at the Citadel of Namur© L'atelier de Parfumerie Guy DelforgeNamur
Guy Delforge's perfume workshop at the Citadel of NamurGuy Delforge's perfume shop, at the very heart of the Citadel of Namur, offers a fascinating underground experience. This unique trail in Wallonia reveals the many steps necessary to make a fragrance. The artist, rewarded many times for its talent, wanted to share his passion through this guided tour.
- The Cyber Tower, in the Parc de la Boverie (Liège) can spring to life© Office du tourisme de LiègeLiège
The Cyber Tower, in the Parc de la Boverie (Liège) can spring to lifeThe cyber tower (Tour Cybernétique) was listed as a monument, part of the exceptional cultural heritage of Wallonia, in 1997. A fair title given its fascinating architecture! This 52 metres high abstract sculpture is actioned by an electronic brain.
- The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery city© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery cityLocated within the citadel, these wood hills are an unexpected urban haven, ideal for peaceful walks and nature lovers. This unique natural and material heritage, 80 hectares in total, has been awarded 3 stars in the Michelin travel guide.
- Vroum'ekes: discover the Walloon countryside on board a vintage van© Vroum'ekesRixensart
Vroum'ekes: discover the Walloon countryside on board a vintage vanAdventure ahead! A guide will show you around the Walloon Brabant countryside... aboard an authentic Volkswagen van...
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- Landscape lovers will fall in love with Thuin's hanging gardens© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteThuin
Landscape lovers will fall in love with Thuin's hanging gardensDeclared Exceptional Heritage of Wallonia, Thuin's hanging gardens offer a rare landscape, enriched with a contemporary art trail.
- The Charleroi Adventure City Safari, a new way to discover the city© Mister-CCharleroi
The Charleroi Adventure City Safari, a new way to discover the cityCharleroi was once named by a Dutch suvey "the ugliest city in the world"... To fight that reputation, a passionate citizen created an urban safari: a wonderful way to (re)discover the buildings and characters who made this post-industrial city famous.
- Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in Mageroy© MTHSFA MC MarchalHabay
Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in MageroyMageroy is one of the very rare archaeological sites to remain open to the public throughout the year while excavations are still taking place. Even better, visitors can join scientists and help with the digs.
- Château d'Attre© Jan D’HondtAttre
Château d'AttreA must-see historical site located near the city of Ath (Province of Hainaut), the château d'Attre is one of the most authentic witnesses of the second half of the 18th century in Belgium. Its 17 hectares estate, lined by the Dendre river, is quite stunning.
- Rickshaw tours in Namur: a fantastic way to see the city© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
Rickshaw tours in Namur: a fantastic way to see the cityLooking for a fun, relaxing way to see Namur? Try these rickshaw tours, sure to delight adults and children alike and accessible to PMRs.
- The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gems© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaha
The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gemsThe Saint-Etienne church, one of the oldest in Belgium, is the only one to have kept its dedicatory stone, commemorating its consecration in 1050. Its stained windows were the very last work of artist Jean-Michel Folon.
- Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | Rebecq© Moulins d'Arenberg - Yves-Henri FeltzRebecq
Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | RebecqStep back in time as you enter the space of the Petit Moulin d'Arenberg in Rebecq. Enjoy visiting the neighboring beer house ...
- Montauban: nature, history and contemporary art© WBT - Benjamin de RothsteinEtalle
Montauban: nature, history and contemporary artThe site is divided into two sections. The bottom one is a real green haven: its streams helped local industries to develop in the past. The upper side includes the lapidary museum, a surprising construction.
- Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de Comines© visitwapi - Jan D'HondtEllezelles
Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de CominesCome to the Maison du Pays des Collines in Ellezelles: an unexpected world filled with witches, devils, legends and folkloric tales.
- The Eben-Ezer tower and its silex museum© WBT - Olivier LegardienBassenge
The Eben-Ezer tower and its silex museumIf you are looking for extraordinary, off the beaten path architectural gems in Wallonia, look no further. The Eben-Ezer tower, crowned with impressive winged animals, seems straight out of a Lord of the Rings or Games of Throne scene.