From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-Pont© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-PontThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900© Projet - NOWWaulsort
Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900The Villa 1900 is much more than a museum: this stunning building and its exquisite interior seems straight of La Belle Epoque.
- Musée de la rubanerie in Comines© MRc - O. ClynckemaillieComines
Musée de la rubanerie in CominesThe Museum of Ribbon, in the town of Comines (Belgium), traces the history of the ribbon industry since the 13th century.
- Pays des collines Eco Museum in La Hamaide© C. CardonLahamaide
Pays des collines Eco Museum in La HamaideThe Pays des Collines Eco Museum, with its intergenerational game, are sure to delight parents and children alike...
- Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de Comines© visitwapi - Jan D'HondtEllezelles
Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de CominesCome to the Maison du Pays des Collines in Ellezelles: an unexpected world filled with witches, devils, legends and folkloric tales.