From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- The Spin Leisure Park: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonFroidchapelle
The Spin Leisure Park: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900© Projet - NOWWaulsort
Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900The Villa 1900 is much more than a museum: this stunning building and its exquisite interior seems straight of La Belle Epoque.
- Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de Comines© visitwapi - Jan D'HondtEllezelles
Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de CominesCome to the Maison du Pays des Collines in Ellezelles: an unexpected world filled with witches, devils, legends and folkloric tales.
- The Eben-Ezer tower and its silex museum© WBT - Olivier LegardienBassenge
The Eben-Ezer tower and its silex museumIf you are looking for extraordinary, off the beaten path architectural gems in Wallonia, look no further. The Eben-Ezer tower, crowned with impressive winged animals, seems straight out of a Lord of the Rings or Games of Throne scene.