Keen cyclists should look out for the ‘Bienvenue vélo’ label, which tells you about the best places to stop overnight, where the hosts will be delighted to welcome you and your bike to Wallonia.
Allow yourself to be seduced by long-distance routes, punctuated by a special welcome for bicycle lovers. Whether it’s a gîte, a guest house or a hotel, all of them offer a safe place to shelter your bike, as well as repair tools, cleaning equipment, maps and tourist guides.
And ‘Bienvenue vélo’ is more than that. It’s packed with information about museums, tourist attractions, restaurants and brasseries, and every establishment which bears the label offers services and facilities specially adapted for cyclists in Wallonia.
- Page 1
- La Barrière de Transinne hotel and restaurant© La Barrière de TransinneTransinne
La Barrière de Transinne hotel and restaurantHotel-restaurant La Barrière de Transinne, located in the province of Luxembourg, features 28 comfortable rooms and a gourmet restaurant.
- Ibis Styles Meeting Centre in Louvain-la-Neuve© Simon SchmittLouvain-La-Neuve
Ibis Styles Meeting Centre in Louvain-la-NeuveIbis Styles hotel & Meeting Centre Louvain-la-Neuve features 77 rooms, surrounded by a peaceful green setting. The hotel also offers tailor-made events for
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- Maison du Tourisme Condroz-Famenne© Mark RossignolCiney
Maison du Tourisme Condroz-FamenneThe Condroz and Famenne region and their 6 communes await visitors in the South-West of the province of Namur.
- Discovering Hainaut's river and canal heritage© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteMons
Discovering Hainaut's river and canal heritageDiscover remarkable art works at the heart of the Parc des Canaux et Châteaux, which stretches from Thieu to Ronquières, via Louvière and Godarville.
- Vayamundo Houffalize, a holiday resort in the Ardennes region© VayamundoHouffalize
Vayamundo Houffalize, a holiday resort in the Ardennes regionThe Vayamundo Houffalize holiday resort promises a relaxing and surprising stay in the Ourthe valley
- Azur en Ardenne, a holiday resort in Barvaux-Sur-Ourthe© Azur en Ardenne - Anne GinettiBarvaux
Azur en Ardenne, a holiday resort in Barvaux-Sur-OurtheAzur en Ardenne, a brand new holiday resort with 54 rooms and 14 villas near Durbuy in Belgium
- Hôtel Naxhelet, its golf club and spa (Province of Liège)© Hôtel NaxheletWanze
Hôtel Naxhelet, its golf club and spa (Province of Liège)Located in the heights of Wanze, the 4-star hotel Naxhelet features 35 rooms, a Wellness centre, a restaurant with an A la carte menu and its very own golf
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan in Dinant© G. Focant-DPatBouvignes
Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan in DinantImmerse yourself in the eventful history of the Mosan Valley thanks to the Mosan medieval heritage house. Dsiover Mosane life in Dinant.
- The Ferme Berwausault in Battice | 4 B&B rooms for 2 to 15 persons© Bernard PauquayBattice
The Ferme Berwausault in Battice | 4 B&B rooms for 2 to 15 personsThe Ferme de Berwausault B&B, in Battice, are set in a lovely renovated farm, perfect for couples and families. Facilities for PMRs available on site.
- Découvertes de Comblain | Exceptional natural sites© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Découvertes de Comblain | Exceptional natural sitesComblain-au-Pont, at the edge of the Ardennes, offers a wide variety of activities and tourist attractions sure to take you off the beaten path.
- Assesse Commune Tourist Office© OTACrupet
Assesse Commune Tourist OfficeThe Assesse commune tourist office is located in Crupet, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia. Its delightful 18th and 19th century buildings are sure to steal your heart...
- Marbehan Tourist Office | At the crossroads of Gaume and Ardenne© Marc LeclereHabay
Marbehan Tourist Office | At the crossroads of Gaume and ArdenneMarbehan is located in the commune of Habay, at the heart of the province of Luxembourg.
- The village of Treignes and its 5 museums© Michel DamayTreignes
The village of Treignes and its 5 museumsThe village of Treignes, in the province of Namur, offers a choice of 5 fascinating museums, archaeological sites, historical ruins and activities for every taste. Perfect as a solo traveller, with friends or family!
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- Quartier Latin hotel and restaurant© Quartier LatinMarche-en-Famenne
Quartier Latin hotel and restaurantSituated in Marche-en-Famenne, an hour drive from Brussels and Luxembourg, the Quartier Latin is well worth its 4 stars...
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in Wallonia© ARTHURS H - Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de HainautAth
The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in WalloniaIn November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The Labyrinthe de Durbuy, a mind wowing park in Belgium© Asbl LabytourismeBarvaux-sur-Ourthe
The Labyrinthe de Durbuy, a mind wowing park in BelgiumThis off the beaten path theme park is set in nature in the Province of Luxembourg, only 30 minutes from Namur and Liège and 1 hour from Brussels.
- Hôtel Dream Mons© Hotel Dream MonsMons
Hôtel Dream MonsThe Martin's Dream Hotel is a 4-star establishment in the historic centre of Mons. Its superpowers? Relaxation, gastronomy, well-being and a subtle blend of ancient and modern.
- The Ibis Namur Centre hotel© Hôtel ibis Namur CentreNamur
The Ibis Namur Centre hotelIbis Namur Centre is a 3-star hotel in Namur, capital of Wallonia. The establishment offers a choice of 92 comfortable rooms perfect for both leisure and business stays.
- LES JARDINS DE LA MOLIGNÉE© Les Jardins de la MolignéeAnhée
LES JARDINS DE LA MOLIGNÉESituated along the Molignée river, within easy reach of Dinant, this 4-star hotels promises a real nature-therapy! You will find an indoor swimming pool, a tennis court, 2 restaurants and a brasserie on site.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- The Pays des Collines nature park© Baptiste HottekietEllezelles
The Pays des Collines nature parkLocated near Tournai and Ath, the Pays des Collines nature park will enchant you with its hilly landscapes, terroir flavours and folkloric tales such as the Ellezelles witches or the giants of Ath...
- SPARKOH!: a scientific adventures park (Frameries)© Hyacinthe ArthursFrameries
SPARKOH!: a scientific adventures park (Frameries)Le Pass is a unique attraction featuring interactive, family friendly exhibitions to approach science in a different way. The site is situated just 6 km fro
- The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the Ourthe© Domaine de PalogneVieuxville
The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the OurtheThe Domaine de Palogne invites you to discover its enchanting setting where nature, history and relaxation meet.
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- The Maison de la Randonnée - GTA Belgique© I. JusseretSainte-Ode
The Maison de la Randonnée - GTA BelgiqueLa Maison de la Randonnée helps hikers plan their itineraries to makes the most of the stunning landscapes the country offers.
- Museum of Photography | Charleroi© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMont-sur-Marchienne
Museum of Photography | CharleroiThe Museum of Photography in Charleroi is the most important photography museum in Europe. It features permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Hôtel Bütgenbacher Hof: wellbeing and gastronomy in the Ardenne© Christian CharlierBütgenbach
Hôtel Bütgenbacher Hof: wellbeing and gastronomy in the ArdenneThe 4-star Hotel & Wellness Bütgenbacher Hof features modern rooms, a restaurant and a wellbeing centre in the Hautes Fagnes
- Hôtel Château du Lac, a 5 star hotel near Brussels© Martin’s HotelsGenval
Hôtel Château du Lac, a 5 star hotel near BrusselsThe Château du Lac welcomes its guest to discover the Walloon Brabant province, at the heart of Belgium.
- Auberge de Poteaupré (Chimay)© Auberge de PoteaupréBourlers
Auberge de Poteaupré (Chimay)A charming hotel featuring 7 comfortable rooms, the Auberge de Poteaupré can be found in a peaceful area near the Scourmont Abbey. The inn is the perfect place to try the foodie range made by the abbey's Trappist monks.
- Domaine du Val d'Arimont, a holiday village in Malmedy© Val d'ArimontMalmedy
Domaine du Val d'Arimont, a holiday village in MalmedyLe Domaine du Val d'Arimont, located in a luscious valley just 3 km from Malmedy, garantees its guest wellbeing and entertainment.
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© S.I. La Roche-en-ArdenneLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- Floréal Le Panoramique, Domaine de vacances à Tournai© FloréalTournai
Floréal Le Panoramique, Domaine de vacances à TournaiA few minutes' drive from Tournai, Floreal le Panoramique offers affordable, quality lodging in a stunning green area
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Page 1