Keen cyclists should look out for the ‘Bienvenue vélo’ label, which tells you about the best places to stop overnight, where the hosts will be delighted to welcome you and your bike to Wallonia.
Allow yourself to be seduced by long-distance routes, punctuated by a special welcome for bicycle lovers. Whether it’s a gîte, a guest house or a hotel, all of them offer a safe place to shelter your bike, as well as repair tools, cleaning equipment, maps and tourist guides.
And ‘Bienvenue vélo’ is more than that. It’s packed with information about museums, tourist attractions, restaurants and brasseries, and every establishment which bears the label offers services and facilities specially adapted for cyclists in Wallonia.
- Page 1
- The Félicien Rops Youth Hostel, Namur© Les Auberges de Jeunesse AsblNamur
The Félicien Rops Youth Hostel, NamurThe Youth Hostel in Namur, set in painter Félicien Rops's former studio, is only a 15 minutes' walk from the citadel.
- Azur en Ardenne, a holiday resort in Barvaux-Sur-Ourthe© Azur en Ardenne - Anne GinettiBarvaux
Azur en Ardenne, a holiday resort in Barvaux-Sur-OurtheAzur en Ardenne, a brand new holiday resort with 54 rooms and 14 villas near Durbuy in Belgium
- Assesse commune Tourist Office (Crupet)© OTACrupet
Assesse commune Tourist Office (Crupet)The Assesse commune tourist office is located in Crupet, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia. Its delightful 18th and 19th century buildings are sure to steal your heart...
- Malmedy Youth Hostel, Hautes Fagnes© Les Auberges de Jeunesse asblMalmedy
Malmedy Youth Hostel, Hautes FagnesLooking for an eco-friendly place to stay in when in Malmedy? Try the Hautes Fagnes Youth Hostel.
- Tournai Youth Hostel© Jacot StudioTournai
Tournai Youth HostelLooking for an eco-friendly place to stay at the very heart of Tournai? Try the city's Youth Hostel.
- Mons Youth Hostel, by the belfry© lesaubergesdejeunesse.beMons
Mons Youth Hostel, by the belfryLooking for an eco-friendly place to stay in Mons? The Youth Hostel, by the belfry, will prove perfect.
- The Barrière de Champlon Youth Hostel© Les Auberges de Jeunesse AsblChamplon
The Barrière de Champlon Youth HostelThe Youth Hostel in Champion is set in the very heart of the Ardenne. The region, characterised by its many forests, is a real invite to relax and rediscover nature.
- Val d'Arimont Hotel Resort in Malmedy© Val d'ArimontMalmedy
Val d'Arimont Hotel Resort in MalmedySet in a lush valley in the foothills of the Hautes Fagnes, 3 km from Malmedy, the Val d'Arimont resort offers both relaxation and entertainment.
- The Georges Simenon Youth Hostel, Liège© Les Auberges de Jeunesse AsblLiège
The Georges Simenon Youth Hostel, LiègeReady for a vibrant atmosphere? Want to party all night long? This Youth Hostel, set in a lively neighbourhood and a 5 minutes' walk from the town centre, blends perfectly with the bustling activity of Liège, known as the Cité Ardente or burning city.
- The Bouillon Youth Hostel© Les Auberges de Jeunesse AsblBouillon
The Bouillon Youth HostelThe Youth Hostel in Bouillon overlooks the city, offering a stunning view of the Semois and the fortress, one of Europe's most impressive castles.
- Soignies Tourist Office© Chateau de LouvigniesSoignies
Soignies Tourist OfficeEuropean capital of the famous Blue stone, Soignies offers both the charm of a thousand-year-old town and of a delightful crown of luscious green nature areas...
- Durbuy Tourist Office© WBT - J.P. RemyDurbuy
Durbuy Tourist OfficeKnown as the smallest town in the world, Durbuy proves quite romantic with its sweet narrow streets and stone houses, nestled in a meander of the Ourthe river. A stunning way to discover the Belgian Ardenne!
- Namur Tourist Office© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
Namur Tourist OfficeDiscover Namur, the capital of Wallonia.
- VisitMons: Mons tourist office© FTLB - P. WillemsMons
VisitMons: Mons tourist officeCultural capital of Wallonia since 2002, European capital of culture in 2015, Mons is by definition a town dedicated to creativity. Not only have three of the town's gems been listed by UNESCO (its belfry, the Neolithic Flint Mines in Spiennes and the Doudou festival), its many museums constantly evolve to prese
- Tombstone: a cowboy themed studio in Western City (Chaudfontaine)© Western City à ChaudfontaineChaudfontaine
Tombstone: a cowboy themed studio in Western City (Chaudfontaine)Western City invites you to experience the Wild West fully in Chaudfontaine. Why not stay in the studio for 2 persons there for a full cowboy atmosphere?
- Western City : a B&B in Chaudfontaine© Western-City sprlChaudfontaine
Western City : a B&B in ChaudfontaineWestern City invites you to experience the Wild West fully in Chaudfontaine, just 10 km from Liège. Why not stay in one of the 2 B&Bs there for a full cowboy atmosphere?
- Youth hostels in Wallonia© © WBT - J.P. RemyBruxelles
Youth hostels in WalloniaTravelling alone, with friends or family in Wallonia? So enjoy the benefits and services offered by the youth hostels.
- Discovering Hainaut's river and canal heritage© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteMons
Discovering Hainaut's river and canal heritageDiscover remarkable art works at the heart of the Parc des Canaux et Châteaux, which stretches from Thieu to Ronquières, via Louvière and Godarville.
- Maison du Tourisme Pays des Lacs© M.T. Pays des LacsBoussu-Les-Walcourt
Maison du Tourisme Pays des LacsIn Virelles, nature has reclaimed the banks of the 90 hectares artificial lake, making it one of the largest reed beds in Wallonia.
- The Ourthe-Vesdre-Amblève Maison du Tourisme© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayRemouchamps
The Ourthe-Vesdre-Amblève Maison du TourismeThe Ourthe-Vesdre-Amblève region, by the Ardenne, offers a wide variety of landscapes, attractions and surprises.
- Maison du Tourisme Sambre-Orneau© MTSO - Denis ClosonGembloux
Maison du Tourisme Sambre-OrneauTimeless riches, new discoveries. The Entre-Sambre-and-Orneau area welcomes you and its Maison du Tourisme informs you.
- La Gaume Maison du Tourisme© WBT - David SamynVirton
La Gaume Maison du TourismeLa Gaume is a delightful, sunny region in Wallonia. The Orval Abbey, Torgny, Montauban... are only some of the enchanting gems you will discover there.
- Couvin Tourist Office© Office Communal du Tourisme CouvinoisCouvin
Couvin Tourist OfficePlanning to visit Couvin? Trust the local tourist office to discover how much there is to do in the area!
- The Floréal La Roche-en-Ardenne holiday residence© Pascal ThemansLa Roche-en-Ardenne
The Floréal La Roche-en-Ardenne holiday residenceThe Floréal La Roche-en-Ardenne holiday resort is located within a green setting along the banks of the Ourthe, a mere 800 metres from the town centre.
- The village of Treignes and its 5 museums© Michel DamayTreignes
The village of Treignes and its 5 museumsThe village of Treignes, in the province of Namur, offers a choice of 5 fascinating museums, archaeological sites, historical ruins and activities for every taste. Perfect as a solo traveller, with friends or family!
- Découvertes de Comblain | Exceptional natural sites© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Découvertes de Comblain | Exceptional natural sitesComblain-au-Pont, at the edge of the Ardennes, offers a wide variety of activities and tourist attractions sure to take you off the beaten path.
- Maison du Tourisme du Parc des Canaux et Châteaux© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteLa Louvière
Maison du Tourisme du Parc des Canaux et ChâteauxWith 264km of navigable waterways, Hainaut hosts the Parc des Canaux and Châteaux formed by La Louvière, Ronquières and Seneffe.
- Maison du Tourisme Condroz-Famenne© Mark RossignolCiney
Maison du Tourisme Condroz-FamenneThe Condroz and Famenne region and their 6 communes await visitors in the South-West of the province of Namur.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© C.T.La Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art. Mak
- The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace Wibald© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace WibaldThe Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy offers a modern, clever, fascinating itinerary through the galleries presenting the story of the region.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- The Espace des Saveurs et Découvertes: the perfect gourmet introduction to Herve© WBT - Emmanuel MathezHerve
The Espace des Saveurs et Découvertes: the perfect gourmet introduction to HerveThe "Espace des Saveurs" of the "Maison de Tourisme" in the Pays de Herve is the ideal starting point for a walk in the region
- Andenne Tourist Office© O.T. de la ville d'AndenneAndenne
Andenne Tourist Office
- Golden Lakes Village: holiday homes by the Eau d'Heure lakes© Golden Lakes Village - Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Golden Lakes Village: holiday homes by the Eau d'Heure lakesWhether you like nature, comfort or sports activities, the Golden Lakes holiday village is made for you. Located by the Eau d'Heure lakes, near Namur and Charleroi, the estate enjoys an exceptional green setting.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayStrépy-Bracquegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in Hamoir© The Outsider ArdennesHamoir
The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in HamoirThe Outsider Ardennes invites you to join their various sites in the Ourthe Valley (Hamoir, Comblain-Fairon, Comblain-la-Tour et Comblain-au-Pont) and try one of the many activities on offer.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- Page 1