Keen cyclists should look out for the ‘Bienvenue vélo’ label, which tells you about the best places to stop overnight, where the hosts will be delighted to welcome you and your bike to Wallonia.
Allow yourself to be seduced by long-distance routes, punctuated by a special welcome for bicycle lovers. Whether it’s a gîte, a guest house or a hotel, all of them offer a safe place to shelter your bike, as well as repair tools, cleaning equipment, maps and tourist guides.
And ‘Bienvenue vélo’ is more than that. It’s packed with information about museums, tourist attractions, restaurants and brasseries, and every establishment which bears the label offers services and facilities specially adapted for cyclists in Wallonia.
- La Barrière de Transinne hotel and restaurant© La Barrière de TransinneTransinne
La Barrière de Transinne hotel and restaurantHotel-restaurant La Barrière de Transinne, located in the province of Luxembourg, features 28 comfortable rooms and a gourmet restaurant.
- Vayamundo Houffalize, a holiday resort in the Ardennes region© VayamundoHouffalize
Vayamundo Houffalize, a holiday resort in the Ardennes regionThe Vayamundo Houffalize holiday resort promises a relaxing and surprising stay in the Ourthe valley
- Hôtel Naxhelet, its golf club and spa (Province of Liège)© Hôtel NaxheletWanze
Hôtel Naxhelet, its golf club and spa (Province of Liège)Located in the heights of Wanze, the 4-star hotel Naxhelet features 35 rooms, a Wellness centre, a restaurant with an A la carte menu and its very own golf
- The Ferme Berwausault in Battice | 4 B&B rooms for 2 to 15 persons© Bernard PauquayBattice
The Ferme Berwausault in Battice | 4 B&B rooms for 2 to 15 personsThe Ferme de Berwausault B&B, in Battice, are set in a lovely renovated farm, perfect for couples and families. Facilities for PMRs available on site.
- Hôtel Bütgenbacher Hof: wellbeing and gastronomy in the Ardenne© Christian CharlierBütgenbach
Hôtel Bütgenbacher Hof: wellbeing and gastronomy in the ArdenneThe 4-star Hotel & Wellness Bütgenbacher Hof features modern rooms, a restaurant and a wellbeing centre in the Hautes Fagnes
- L'Ermitage: a countryside gite for up to 3 guests at L'Abbaye de Moulins (Anhée)© Ferme de l’Abbaye de MoulinsAnhée
L'Ermitage: a countryside gite for up to 3 guests at L'Abbaye de Moulins (Anhée)L'Ermitage is a delightful countryside gîte in Anhée, awarded 3 épis for its quality. A fantastic place to relax and explore the Molignée Valley.
- The Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey© FTLB - P. WillemsSaint-Gérard
The Saint-Gérard de Brogne AbbeyThe Brogne Abbey, a mere 20 km from Namur and Charleroi, was founded in the early 10th century. This stunning building has now been converted into a hotel, complete with a restaurant, an exhibition space and a centre promoting Belgian viticulture.
- R Hotel Experiences: wellbeing and gastronomy in Remouchamps© R hotel experiencesRemouchamps
R Hotel Experiences: wellbeing and gastronomy in RemouchampsThe R Hotel Experiences is a trendy, 4-star establishment with 53 rooms/suites and a wellness centre. It is located in Remouchamps, near the famous Spa-Francorchamps racetracks and the Amblève valley.
- Maison du Tourisme of the Pays de Herve© SPW-Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHerve
Maison du Tourisme of the Pays de Herve
- The Ourthe-Vesdre-Amblève Maison du Tourisme© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayRemouchamps
The Ourthe-Vesdre-Amblève Maison du TourismeThe Ourthe-Vesdre-Amblève region, by the Ardenne, offers a wide variety of landscapes, attractions and surprises.
- Maison du Tourisme du Pays de Liège© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLiège
Maison du Tourisme du Pays de LiègeThe Pays de Liège is an absolute must when exploring Wallonia. Once the capital of an independent principality (for over 8 centuries), Liège and its region will reveal a wealth of cultural gems...
- The Ibis Namur Centre hotel© Hôtel ibis Namur CentreNamur
The Ibis Namur Centre hotelIbis Namur Centre is a 3-star hotel in Namur, capital of Wallonia. The establishment offers a choice of 92 comfortable rooms perfect for both leisure and business stays.
- The Royal Snail Hotel, a boutique hotel at Namur© Francois MainilNamur
The Royal Snail Hotel, a boutique hotel at NamurThe 4 Star Royal Snail Boutique Hotel, in Namur, offers 30 contemporary, personalised bedrooms, a swimming pool and a well-being centre. The best of Belgian hospitality!
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art. Mak
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The Musée de la Vie Rurale: a museum dedicated to yesteryear and traditions in Huissignies© WBT - Olivier LegardienHuissignies (Chièvres)
The Musée de la Vie Rurale: a museum dedicated to yesteryear and traditions in HuissigniesIn this museum, located in the province of Hainaut, time seems to have stopped.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in Durbuy© Atelier Environnement ASBLDurbuy
The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in DurbuyThe largest topiary garden open to the public can be found in Durbuy, the smallest town in the world.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- La Ferme de La Ferme Limbort: a gîte for up to 79 persons in Braives© FTLB - P. WillemsBraives
La Ferme de La Ferme Limbort: a gîte for up to 79 persons in BraivesLa Ferme de Limbort proves ideal for celebrations and seminars alike. A warm welcome to the Vallée de la Mehaigne et de la Burdinale nature park awaits.
- Water and Fountain Museum | Ottignies© Musée de l'Eau et de la FontaineOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Water and Fountain Museum | OttigniesThe Water and Fountain museum, in the Domaine provincial du Bois des Rêves (Ottignies), offers a fantastic outdoor experience. Following your guide, you will learn about the local legends inspired by ponds, rivers, lakes... and much more.
- La Siroperie - O Pachis: a countryside gîte in Wanze© La Siroperie - O PachisWanze
La Siroperie - O Pachis: a countryside gîte in WanzeLa Siroperie is a house composed of 2 countryside gîtes in Wanze. This one, O Pachis, can host up to 4 guests (and possibly a small child) and is located on the ground floor. It can be combined be the second gîte, Al Copète.
- Le Gîte à Daims: a countryside gîte for up to 15 guests in Vaux sur Sûre© Gîte à DaimsVaux-Sur-Sûre
Le Gîte à Daims: a countryside gîte for up to 15 guests in Vaux sur SûreNestled in the Ardenne countryside, in the hamlet of Remichamps, Le Gîte à Daims is a modern house perfect for groups of friends and families - up to 15 guests. The site was awarded 3 épis for its quality.
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- The Brasserie des Légendes© Brasserie des QuintineEllezelles
The Brasserie des LégendesDiscover the mysterious world of the Brasserie des Légendes in Ellezelles: 100% natural beers, from the field to the glass.
- Brasserie de l'Abbaye de Brogne© FTLB - P. WillemsSaint-Gérard
Brasserie de l'Abbaye de BrogneEnjoy an organic beer, brewed in the tradition of abbey beers by the Brasserie de l'Abbaye de Brogne.
- The Félicien Rops Museum in Namur© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Félicien Rops Museum in NamurThis exceptional museum, at the heart of the historical quarters of Namur, dedicates its collections to Félicien Rops, a famous Belgian artist from the 19th century.
- Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies Treasure© G FocantNamur
Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies TreasureLocated in a listed 18th century patrician hotel, the museum displays works of art from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance from the Namur region.
- The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueurs© Distillerie de BiercéeRagnies
The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueursVisit the Biercée distillery to learn some of its secrets - like how 10 kg of fresh fruit become a bottle of Eau de Villée...